Rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im new to the forum so good afternoon all, I would like to ask all you proffesionals on board if you have any ideas what price i should be expected to pay for a total rewire to a large bungalow three bedroom as i have just bought the property and have no idea :confused: it doesnt need an electric shower as its gas any ideas would be apreciated
Thank you
corrado man...:cool:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to the forum. Please have a look at

this

9) Please don't ask costs / prices. Get several quotes, then you will know for sure

(It also depends on several factors: your location, access to job, material costs, labour rate etc, any prices mentioned should not be relied upon / maybe old prices, Please get several quotes)

Mod Rupert

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
How long is a piece of string? Prices are so dependant on site, location etc etc that it's not that easy.

Get a number of locals (3 or so) reccomended where poss, for estimates and compare. That really is the best way forward.

As far as a rewire goes, make sure you give all the people quoting the same information.

For example I would suggest a MK 5686s (12 way) consumer unit- good with room for expansion.

I like GET accessories (sockets etc), and would suggest them as they are reasonably priced and good quality.

For the quote detail each room by room, and don't forget TV & BT points, as they are easier to put in at the start.

Then you will have quotes that are comparable.

ps Use registered electricians, an there are guarantees / complaints procedures in place.

Sponsored Links
corrado man said:
Thanks :oops: sorry i was just after a rough idea really before i got a few quotes

Normally around £2500.

Like people have said, it all depends - on gear, what you want (downlighters?). If you're round Manchester I can get a few sparks, and my own firm to send you a quote.

Hope this helps, TGS.

A rewire costs about the same as a second hand car.

TheGaffersSon said:
If you're round Manchester

corrado man

United Kingdom

RF Lighting said:
A rewire costs about the same as a second hand car.

Oh dear.

XJ 4.2 V8 Sovereign LWB £38,995 Ebony 9,100 2005 (05) Leather Automatic Petrol
JCUK_CVI_J1020_VX05EEA_20060323_1243_EF1_1.JPG

corrado man,

If you want, I could give you a quote as I might be reasonably local to you. I do a lot of work in the Prestatyn, Rhyl, Abergele area. Let me know on here and we can exchange details.

Ok nozspark im in colwyn bay if you want to give me a quote thats great give me your number and i will ring you

Polite reminder.

Please do not post your contact details in the forum, you can show this in your profile.

corrado man said:
Ok nozspark im in colwyn bay if you want to give me a quote thats great give me your number and i will ring you

give me an e-mail....my address is now in my profile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back