Where has he gone?

What about the converse?

Someone hurts themself while following your advice though clearly incompetent.

Sponsored Links
What about the converse? Someone hurts themself while following your advice though clearly incompetent.
That was essentially his argument. As I (and others) have always said, it's a difficult situation with no ideal solution - essentially a "can't win" scenario. However, if, despite attempts to dissuade them, it is apparent that someone is hell-bent on carrying on, with or without advice, I personally think that (extreme scenarios aside) trying to offer advice is the lesser of the evils (even if the OP still manages to harm him/herself, or others). However, I've had this discussion countless times with BAS, so there's really no point in going over all that ground again.

Kind Regards, John

I have Aspergers,

So do I, further from my prospective, Aspergers is a form Autistic Spectrum Disorder what is what I am officially diagnosed with and have been since the age of 3.

Aspergers is one particular area in the autistic spectrum, and is a recognised disability in the UK. As such, it invokes a requirement (under teh Disability Discrimination Act) on employers to assess the suitability of the job/environment and make reasonable adjustments.

Quite so.

Sponsored Links
And it was a pursuit which I discontinued - the only reason I have posted again is because Winston indicated a desire to resolve the issue.

Or so it seems to me, but even if not, a Merry Christmas and a HNY to you all.

Mike.

I just trawled the entire friggin thread, and now he's back! I'm very interested in the ASD discussion. I am not a shrink, but was, for 20 years a head of various primary schools. In my 'main' one, I spent 17 years working with a lot of ASD pupils, mainly boys. The school developed a reputation for excellent results with ASD pupils; and where the success was greatest, it was when we successfully got them to recognise the non-literal laguage used by others, and to employ a kind of empathy. Semantics were hard for ASD pupils. "Morning John, it's freezing today isn't it?" If it wasn't below 0 degrees, that was a problem- we worked hard on those aspects, and we got results.

BAS is back and if he wants, he can confirm what I reckon I know, that he does not struggle with ASD.* Then again, why would he?

*Autistic Spectrum Disorder

CG

He never argued by himself.

Usually his shadow if no one was available.:D
I seen his posts on screwfix mebbe 10 years ago. He posted up an example of his work which was some wiring he had done in a loft.
Wires flailing all over the place. Don't think he ever lived the aftermath down.
Think he left shortly after that.
He could talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk.
Mind you, I posted up an image of my handiwork once also and got similar treatment. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back