£300 million

This has been covered before I'm sure.

Maybe if we didn't give them so much money we could afford to invest money elsewhere.

Wouldn't it be nice if Britain had it's own space programme?

Sponsored Links
This has been covered before I'm sure.

Maybe if we didn't give them so much money we could afford to invest money elsewhere.

Wouldn't it be nice if Britain had it's own space programme?

This typifies what i'm on about !!

They have more mony than us... so why send £300 Mill?

not sure what you're on about... i fell sleep half way through! :eek:

we have indians come to England to work... and they are bl00dy good!!
There may be a global "level".. but Chinese mothers rule.. and Indians know how to work hard..
Watch you back whitey !!! you're not as good as you think you are!!!

Weel, maybe it is your bedtime :LOL:

Perhaps should explain better. The first part was for joinerjohn, who doesn't belive Indians are that good due to his experience with the call centers.

The second is for you - yes, Indians are good but not because they are more talented that the British. It is mainly because they don't try to destroy their educational system as we have been doing for some time.

I started teaching a group of students from some engineering degrees this term. In a group of 24, there are only 2 British students. Can you believe that the industrial revolution started in this country?

Sponsored Links
we have indians come to England to work... and they are bl00dy good!!

Yes, lovely Madras at my local Indian on Friday night. :D

Anyway, where would we be without them? Going for an 'English' after the Friday night session, that's where we'd be. :(

so giving our money away is not good?
so during comic releif shall only british people donate?
Well hmmm, being as Comic Relief is aimed at a UK audience, I think there's a good chance it will be UK residents doing the donating.
The point Martian is making with this thread is that in these times of economic depression, the UK should be thinking twice about giving foreign aid to countries who obviously don't need it. India being the example he has used. They have a flourishing space program, spend vast amounts of money on nuclear technology.
I dare say India spends more on both of these fields in one year than the UK has in the past 10 yrs.
Personally, my view is that all foreign aid should have been stopped during the recession and spent here in the UK supporting businesses. If there happens to be some natural catastrophe in a third world country, then the UK should offer some monetary and physical aid. Not just give them money anyway.

India probably (certainly) don't need our £300M....
We DO need to have India's conscious pricked in ten years time ("but what about all that aid we gave you when you weren't the world superpower?") :rolleyes:

Never give aid to countries with a Nuclear weapon program.If they can afford the bomb-they can afford to look after their own people. Simples

Sponsored Links
Back