0800 telephone numbers

I

ImayKnow

I take it when dialling them from a landline that the call is free to me, therefore who pays for the call and how much does it cost them?

Sponsored Links
Cheers i am interested in what Talk Talk would pay for each call I make to them

We have a freefone number on a few adverts, it diverts to my mobile so we have to pay the cost of the freefone call plus the mobile call on top of that. If it's a telemarketer we have to hang up as quick as poss!

Sponsored Links
Or you get a customer asking every question there is and just wasting your time and MONEY.

Andy

That's interesting. I used to have a Freephone number.

Excuse the pun, but I paid virtually nothing for the privilege.

I am with plusnet, and I have always been under the impression that free local calls anytime package meant that I could call any local number free, and they never explained to me that i must reset my call before it gets to 60minutes, they only told me about 300 minutes free to certain International destinations, like USA, but here they emphasised greatly that calls should be reset before it gets to 30 minutes, otherwise any extra time will be charged for.

The other day I was shocked that I called an old friend and spoke to him for 3 hours and 18 minutes, and when I checked my bill, I was shocked that I picked up £12.00 for that call! almost 8p per minute for local call!

The other day I was shocked that I called an old friend and spoke to him for 3 hours and 18 minutes, and when I checked my bill, I was shocked that I picked up £12.00 for that call! almost 8p per minute for local call!

Good God, you talk more than my wife does.

I used to work for a company that used 0800 numbers for most things(about 50/70 numbers).
The cost was minimal, when you d/load the monthly stats you can see where you marketing/advertising is/isn't working. You can divert numbers to dedicated people when running promos.
The down side is so many calls are made from mobiles & most mobiles don't include them in the bundle & people cant be bothered to dial the special numbers for mobiles that then let you enter the free number.
All in all they are good if you analyze the data.

I used to work for a company that used 0800 numbers for most things(about 50/70 numbers).
The cost was minimal, when you d/load the monthly stats you can see where you marketing/advertising is/isn't working. You can divert numbers to dedicated people when running promos.
The down side is so many calls are made from mobiles & most mobiles don't include them in the bundle & people cant be bothered to dial the special numbers for mobiles that then let you enter the free number.
All in all they are good if you analyze the data.

Special no. for mobiles to dial 0800? Don't stop there, tell us more! :p :p

Sponsored Links
Back