2 Kids let their own mother die over £40 a month

the facts dear boy the facts :D :D

what we have is snippets from one or 2 sources from what has been released into the public domain

the coroners inquest may be more useful in finding independent facts

Sponsored Links
the facts dear boy the facts :D :D

what we have is snippets from one or 2 sources from what has been released into the public domain

the coroners inquest may be more useful in finding independent facts

Sorry all, not buying it.

The debate, the way it is being framed in the media is "the cut's killed her" or "the bedroom tax killed her".

There are simply NO facts to support that, and plenty of facts to refute it, unless you wholeheartedly believe individuals have no responsibility for their actions, and that family members and friends have no obligations to look after their family, and it's the job of the state to provide what people want, not what people need.

And anyone who thinks that, is frankly scum and can go jump of a bridge (preferably not at rush hour, that would be inconsiderate).

where have i actually what i believe ??
i have suggested several points that may contribute
but do not know as i think we have at best sketchy information at worst bad reporting/information
as i say i will wait for more information from reliable sources before i decide :cool:

where have i actually what i believe ??
i have suggested several points that may contribute
but do not know as i think we have at best sketchy information at worst bad reporting/information
as i say i will wait for more information from reliable sources before i decide :cool:

Limp wristed lefty.

What information do you want, diaries, CCTV footage.

Her death is the cause of herself, if at any point it is attributable to "a cut in benefits", then ANY cut is by default murder.

Think like that and you'll make Greece a model to aspire to.

Sponsored Links
all i have said is i will form an opinion from the facts you know the truth and that position is wrong in your eyes :D :D :D

well good luck in how you form your opinions and thoughts
who is right and who is wrong with there comments we will let others judge ;)

all i have said is i will form an opinion from the facts you know the truth and that position is wrong in your eyes :D :D :D

You can never have all the facts, and you can certainly never expect a government department to have all the fact's and all the responsibility.

Therefore the "bedroom tax" is not to blame, by dint of the simple application of knowledge and intelligence.

You can never have all the facts, and you can certainly never expect a government department to have all the fact's and all the responsibility.
Well yes Aron, quite right.

Who amongst us here has never been duped or ripped-off by: a con man, the news media, “I thought it was love but I was just used”, all the signs and “facts” were there, it was plain to see etc. etc. Who here has never said to him/herself “I misjudge him” or “who would have thought it”

I’ll tell you who hasn’t and they fall into two categories: someone who has never done anything with their life or a liar...

So 2 grown up kids are aware their mom is in financial difficulty.

Neither of them find the extra £40 she needs, JUST £40 pounds.

Neither of them offer to find her a room-mate so she can earn a bit more money.

Neither of them offer to take them into their own homes.

Neither of them encourage her to sign on for disability benefit that she is apparently able to claim.

Instead they both stand by and do nothing, she commits suicide feeling she has no support network to fall on, and they blame "the government" for cutting back her handouts.

http://news.sky.com/story/1089813/bedroom-tax-blamed-for-womans-suicide

Her children should be utterly ashamed that their own mom felt she could not rely on them, and instead felt suicide was her only way out.

Are you aware of her children's financial, work and home situation? For all we know her children are perhaps struggling on the NMW? Maybe have a couple of kids each and live in a two bed house? Perhaps they are already struggling with debt? Did her children know exactly what benefits their mother would be entitled to? Did they know how much this situation was preying on their mother's mind?
Without all of the facts, none of us can judge her children.

Are you aware of her children's financial, work and home situation?

£40 pounds a month, from each kid is all we are talking about here.

Pull the other one mate, it's got bells on it.

For all we know her children are perhaps struggling on the NMW?

*Steven, an HGV driver, *

A HGV driver on minimun wage. :LOL:

And the daughter?

*Then two months ago Laura also moved out and into a flat with her long-term partner. It happened quickly and Stephanie struggled at first.*

Oh, right......

Your arguments are not looking very strong at this point are they?

Did her children know exactly what benefits their mother would be entitled to?

I suppose it's feasible that someone in this day and age would be unaware of disability benefits, It's also possible I am emperor of the gingerbread people!

Did they know how much this situation was preying on their mother's mind?

http://shows.stv.tv/this-morning/22...y-he-believes-the-bedroom-tax-killed-his-mum/

*she phoned me to say she couldn't afford heating last winter.*

*She phoned me constantly to say how worried she was, and where should would find this money*

You people are tragicially stupid, *OH BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS, HOW CAN YOU JUDGE*.

No, YOU don't know the facts, because you are too stupid to read them :LOL:

So 2 grown up kids are aware their mom is in financial difficulty.

Neither of them find the extra £40 she needs, JUST £40 pounds.

Neither of them offer to find her a room-mate so she can earn a bit more money.

Neither of them offer to take them into their own homes.

Neither of them encourage her to sign on for disability benefit that she is apparently able to claim.

Instead they both stand by and do nothing, she commits suicide feeling she has no support network to fall on, and they blame "the government" for cutting back her handouts.

http://news.sky.com/story/1089813/bedroom-tax-blamed-for-womans-suicide

Her children should be utterly ashamed that their own mom felt she could not rely on them, and instead felt suicide was her only way out.

Are you aware of her children's financial, work and home situation? For all we know her children are perhaps struggling on the NMW? Maybe have a couple of kids each and live in a two bed house? Perhaps they are already struggling with debt? Did her children know exactly what benefits their mother would be entitled to? Did they know how much this situation was preying on their mother's mind?
Without all of the facts, none of us can judge her children.

exactly the points i was making earlier in the thread without much success :D :D

Aron, nowhere in the original article you linked to does it mention what her son did for a living, nor how much he earns. It also mentions nothing whatsoever about her daughter. You then say her daughter moved into a flat with her partner. Yeah there would be plenty of room in a flat to move her mother in , wouldn't there. :rolleyes:
If your going to quote links, please do us the decency of providing those links. Don't look up something then just copy and paste something from it here, without providing links.

You then say her daughter moved into a flat with her partner. Yeah there would be plenty of room in a flat to move her mother in , wouldn't there. :rolleyes:

Or she could have not moved out of her mothers place without ensuring she would be OK?

*roll emoticon* indeed.

I Hope your parents never need to rely on you!

If your going to quote links, please do us the decency of providing those links. Don't look up something then just copy and paste something from it here, without providing links.

Why?

You have a brain, you have a computer, there is a website called google.

I read up on the situation, you did not, yet you are the ones blathering on about how "we don't know anything so must not judge".

Sorry, but I have better things to do than spoonfeed you with information, because you would rather be white knight some useless spivs on the internet, than read the facts.

Sponsored Links
Back