1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

2 port valve broken?!

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by SirNotFixAlot, 10 Jun 2020.

1. SirNotFixAlot

SirNotFixAlot

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just checked one of my 2 port valves and I'm sure it's a gonner but just checking.

If it's a full valve replacement will it need a system drain, is it DIYable and if not how much is it likely to cost to repair?

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. ljrgas

ljrgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you need to drain the system depends if you are happy to have a wet house if you get it wrong

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. oldbutnotdead

oldbutnotdead

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oops. Yeah that valve body is going to need replacing.

Def drain the system, how much scope have you got to pull the pipe at 1 side of the valve out of the way by an inch (so you can get the old valve out & new valve in)? If the answer is none then you'll need a slip coupler as well as a new valve

EDIT yes diy able, if this was a Haynes manual it would rate 2 spanners (not difficult but you need some tools, some knowledge and some confidence)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SirNotFixAlot

SirNotFixAlot

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks everyone, I've got someone to come round tomorrow and have a look at it

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Recovering Chippie

Recovering Chippie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you look at my thread:

Help!! Do I nee to drain the system you will see some good advice. The contributions helped immensely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local