2 way bedroom pullswitches ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just rewiring the house and just wondered whether you guys doing rewires regular still wire for a 2 way pullswitch above/adj to the bed ?? or just rely on the bedside lamp for light reading etc until switchoff .. :) cheers

Sponsored Links
Whatever suits you. I personally think a plate switch looks better than a pullswitch though. Or if you're feeling very adventurous you could wire the bedside lights on 5a sockets 2 way from the door and bed.

Usually on a re-wire I do like for like, so if there is a 2 way pull switch I would do the same.

New houses rarely seem to have them. Most bog standard newer houses only have a switch by the door.

I don't know why houses don't tend to have 2 way switching in the bedroom. It is such as simple luxury.

Mordern, lavish type bedrooms seem to have two way wall switches at the bed, often with additional switches to do 5 amp sockets for table lamps.

It was also common once to position the main ceiling light near the window in bedrooms, so possibly you may have this arrangement.

It was also common to have a one way pull cord over the bed controlling a separate ceiling rose over the bed.

Sponsored Links
What I tend to do is offer the client options and then do what they are paying me to do.

I never blindly rewire a property like for like, more often than not they want extra sockets or want light switches moved or extra lights etc..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back