2 Way pull cord switch - Can't assemble switch back together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of replacing the cord for the 2 way switch. I ended up opening the main switch where the cord ends and is ties into a knot. After replacing the new cord, I am unable to put the switch back together. The switch has small copper edges which make contact while switching on and off which makes the switch work, I have tried to put these in position and screw it back but it does not seem to fit correctly. I hope I have explained the problem.

Could you please kindly advise what the best way to fix it back. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Run the cord through the cover and through the two springs then the switch plate,ensuring it is the right way round and then through the two plastic parts. They should fit snuggly into the body,try them first, tie a single knot in the cord,two will be too big, fit the plastic bits into the body and place the contact plate into position and press the cover onto the springs and secure with screws. good luck

Switches are not meant to be disassembled. You may be better buying a new one!

I know what you mean secure, but i fitted a new switch for a customer last week and after two days the cord came out and i refitted it.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to refit the insulator part way down the cord.

Anything put together with screws can be dis- and re- assembled.

mercedes-benz-world-brings-f1-closer-to-everyone.jpg

11b39_mercedes-benz-world-brings-f1-closer-to-everyone-2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back