230mm diamond blade.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend one that's half decent that doesn't cost too much (less than £50).

I used my last one for months then today I changed it and the next one (different brand) lasted less than an hour.

Any ideas? (preferably stocked by Screwfix).

Sponsored Links
i use marcrist now, but the travis perkins ones are made by them as well and lasted me very well, considering the amount of paving etc we cut with them

Different materials require different blades. If you've gone from porc. tiles, to green concrete and then bricks/mortar, the blade will suffer.

SF have got one for a tenner. or a bosch one for about £40, and loads more even more expensive than that.

What were your previous /current brands?

I got them from a local market years ago, they were both German - one brilliant and one rubbish.

Sponsored Links
i use marcrist now, but the travis perkins ones are made by them as well and lasted me very well, considering the amount of paving etc we cut with them

It's basically for concrete. How much are the TP ones? (roughly)

If you see a Nimbus one ,they are always good, and also Marcrist as someone said, but also as someone said, it depends on what you are cutting,hard concrete is less abrasive than say soft block or mortar or common bricks. The more abrasive the material you are cutting,the faster it will wear so the trick is to get the blade as near to the right compound as you need it but that is easier said than done when buying one off the shelves from a merchant and can be a bit off a lottery as you have already experienced. So the softer material you are cutting,the harder bond of diamond you need to get best life out of the blade and vice versa, but that said, go to too hard a bond on a hard material and it wont cut--i've cut materials in the past with a soft bond blade and it cuts like sh*t off a shovel but wears out after 6 metres :eek: . In general the better blades cost more, good luck finding the right one.

All my recent diamond blades have been from Aldi for less than £5, and they all seem to have been just as good and long lasting as the £50 ones from the merchants

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back