2381 16th edition exam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Is there anybody out there who has passed their 2381 recently?
I'd like to get an idea of what to expect at the beginning of May as this is when I sit the horrid exam!!

Oh and what materials were you able to take in with you at the time of the exam. Im assuming it is a calculator and the IEE Wiring Regs Manual BS7671 and that's all. I am hoping they allow the on-site guide too, that would certainly help!!

Thanks guys, appreciate your feedback here.

Sponsored Links
When I did it we were allowed a calculator, BS7671 and the on site guide. Other than that I think we were allowed the Amicus brown book but I can't remember anyone bothering with it.

cheers bud!!

To all:
If any of the materials mentioned above are no longer permissible in the exam room, please inform me accordingly.

Thank You.

Did mine recently, allowed BS7671 and OSG (or some amicus electricians guide I think)

You'll most likely need a calculator, and take a pen as well, you can ask the person overseeing the exam board for some scrap paper.

Nothing else to say other than its pretty easy as long as you have a certain familaraly with the book and know where stuff is roughly :)

Sponsored Links
Yes its easy peasy. If you dont pass it go become a bricklayer.

There's not too many exams that you take when you are allowed to take the book of answers into the exam room with you (BS7671).

All that you have to do is:
- Understand the question
- Know where to look up the answer

TTC

DESL said:
know where stuff is roughly

Or exactly might help :)

I might be sad, but even I haven't memorised the exact location of every regulation :LOL: ,knowing which section and chapter is more than sufficient to be able to find it quickly in most cases

Buy some sticky labels and stick them on the edge of the pages of yr regs book to make tabs that stick out from the edge.
Write on the tabs what the various sections are then its quicker to look up the various sections.

Make notes in yr regs book to clarify any bits you find hard to remember.

All of this is allowed

TTC

pdcelec said:
did mine as a laugh. finished it in 15 minutes

Even if you go through it at an extremly leisurely pace and look everything up, it only takes an hour (so how they think anyone needs two hours is beyond me!)

Adam_151 said:
I might be sad, but even I haven't memorised the exact location of every regulation...
You're just not trying hard enough, Adam. I expected better from you! ;)

TaylorTwoCities said:
Buy some sticky labels and stick them on the edge of the pages of yr regs book to make tabs that stick out from the edge. Write on the tabs what the various sections are then its quicker to look up the various sections.
Or, use the very comprehensive index. It's much, much quicker. (And doesn't make it look like you last used your regs book in college!)

Taylortwocities said:
Yes its easy peasy. If you dont pass it go become a bricklayer.
Just curious - what's the pass mark?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back