2381 16th edition exam

Pass mark is 80%

And not everybody passes first time, by the way.*

(*No. Not me! I got 100%... first time, so there!)

Sponsored Links
dingbat said:
Pass mark is 80%
So, never having opened BS7671, or undertaken any 2381 studying of any kind, I shouldn't feel too bad about getting 71%?

cheers for the feedback chappies, much appreciated
im going to do a short course (3day) at BCOT in Basingstoke at the end of this month and then take the exam. In total the cost is £420, but i think I am more than ready to take the exam today, i ask myself, do I need this short course and can i apply direct to city and guilds for the examination and pay only for the exam fee - £120

any ideas??

i read the books and went through the past exam papers and booked the exam at oaklands college in welwyn garden city. it cost me a nifty for the exam plus 20 to enroll onto their system. got 5 wrong out of 60. dont waste your money on a short course.

Sponsored Links
dynomo said:
i ask myself, do I need this short course and can i apply direct to city and guilds for the examination and pay only for the exam fee - £120

any ideas??

You can do the exam through the IEE, or at least you could last time I looked

you know im sure i was wasting money on this little course i was enrolling onto. I shall be calling around tmrw in attempt to book an exam externally.
thanks bondy

I know jack about 3 phase, that's my excuse..........

All I've studied has been geared towards DISQ which I have via NICIEC.

I did notice that in the IEE / IET book section there's a £12 publication regarding suggested material for the 2381 exam.

I'm going to buy that, buy the 16th Ed and self study for the £123 direct entry IEE exam.

Has anyone done the 3 day course? Was it of use or a waste of time and money (both paid and loss of earnings)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back