24 Dec - update - Grundfos pump still runs constantly

This is better than an episode of Columbo. As he would say 'gee, a few things just don't add up.'

OP - please keep the information coming, and hopefully also what the solution was.

Sponsored Links
Hi ReganandCarter
Welcome to my saga...I don’t even know whether to laugh or to cry! I’m just at work at the moment, so will aim to reply to everybody’s messages when I get home

Has anyone changed the Honeywell zone valve complete head yet?
Just asking

Sponsored Links
Hi Shambolic

Yes, the complete Honeywell motorised valve (including the brass spindles) was changed last week.

C22CFBCC-7216-4DB9-A0A5-5B8A2B00CEC1.jpeg
AAEAF18B-360A-4145-95B5-F732B4D9DA4B.jpeg
Pics of the airing cupboard - will post pics of the wiring box tomm, as didn’t get home from work until late.

Hi GasElectricalRepairs

Pic of the pump serial number - was installed when the house was built July 2008:

If all you have is thermostats (room and cylinder) and zone valves, and perhaps a simple programmer, it sounds to me it could be sorted by a competent electrician. The fact that the wiring relates to a heating system is irrelevant, so BG can't bring anything to it (as they've shown). Even if you have things like smart TRVs, or a more sophisticated programmer it shouldn't be too hard.
If you're definitely getting constant 240 volt at the pump, and it seems you are, I can't see how changing the pump will cure it.

Hi fixiiflav
Thank you for your message. I have a simple Drayton rts2 thermostat and a myson mep2c programmer (both been changed like for like as part of BG problem solving). All radiators have trv’s except the bypass. And two zone valves. I daren't even think about introducing a wireless thermostat or smart technology at this stage as that would just push me over the edge

They will have crossed a permanent live to the end switch with the pump and boiler switched live if all the components have been changed.

They will have crossed a permanent live to the end switch with the pump and boiler switched live if all the components have been changed.
Hi Shambolic, thank you for your post - for both the new room stat and new programmer, BG literally ‘snapped’ off the front faces and snapped the new ones onto the existing back plates - no wiring was touched (replaced with exactly the same models)

I wonder if the s plan is latching ? bg would need to check if the grays and browns are connected ie no permanent live on grays but feed off the switched lives.

I wonder if the s plan is latching ? bg would need to check if the grays and browns are connected ie no permanent live on grays but feed off the switched lives.
PLEASE SHOOT ME NOW. THE FAULT IS BACK I knew it would be....Area Manager (who is an electrician) coming out now...watch this space folks!! Wonder how much this has cost BritGas in callouts alone so far....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back