3 Core + bare earth

And this is a light which needs an earth but doesn't have one because the lethally dangerous moron who installed it decided to cut it back instead of connect it.

image-jpg.83966

Sponsored Links
So how do I wore in my floodlights? If the cables present are 3 core and bare earth and the floodlight just has a live, netural and earth?

Or is it time to call an electrician based on the morons installation?

So how do I wore in my floodlights? If the cables present are 3 core and bare earth and the floodlight just has a live, netural and earth?
You need to identify which of the other 3 cores are line and neutral.

Or is it time to call an electrician based on the morons installation?
You ought to be concerned about the sort of legacy you've inherited from the sort of person who would do what he did. If the earth is cut back there, where else has he done likewise? Even if you connect it at the light what guarantee do you have that it's continuous back to the earth in the CU?

Maybe the person who installed it was faced with those wires where someone before him had cut it back, but it says volumes about his basic electrical competence, or lack of it, that he went ahead and did nothing about it.

So yes - it would be wise to get your installation checked over.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back