3 phase motor wiring

Sponsored Links
I understood RF's answer, as I think you two did too.
Not sure he was expecting the Spanish inquisition but this is my interpritation:

The bottom way is delta. This is usualy only used if you're driving the motor from a 230V inverter.

Well, no even that's not true. Delta is widely used in industry.

Yes, we are aware that Delta 'is used in industry' Which bit is 'not true'

When he said a delta motor connection is only used for 230v inverters. Thats just crazy. You'd get sod all out of a motor in a factory if you thought delta was only for a 230v inverter.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but you said the delta connection is ONLY for connecting to a 230v inverter, which is just not true.

OK. We all know the (edited by me and you) quote above is not strictly correct, although it helps to answer the OP's original question.

Please carry on, helping to answer the original question. That is what we try to do.

Yes, but you said the delta connection is ONLY for connecting to a 230v inverter, which is just not true.

OK. We all know the (edited by me and you) quote above is not strictly correct, although it helps to answer the OP's original question.

Please carry on, helping to answer the original question. That is what we try to do.

Well, how doees wrong information help someone? And who edited what?

Those are star delta links, undo the bolts and arrange them in the same manner as your old motor.

Well thats wrong a star delta motor wouldnt need any links fitted

Crikey, you're clueless.

They can be wired in star or delta, you swap the links over or take them out for according to how you're wiring them to particular machines, starters or drives etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back