3 Phase Motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the wiring to a 3 phase motor run through a converter connected to a normal 240 supply

Is it OK that there is no neutral connected ?

If I am replacing the wire to this, what are the modern colours to use.

x-TPW-5836.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes no neutral required, and brown, black, grey are new colours. But does not really matter.
I have some four core flex. Brown Black Blue & Earth. could i use that and maybe put some grey tape or sheathing on the visible blue bits /

Sponsored Links
I had no end of problems with 230 volt three phase powered with inverters, it seemed people could not understand three phase did not equal 400 volt. Often the motor could be run delta 230 and star 400 volt, but people some how thought the wires would auto change delta to star and would not rewire, lost count of number of times needed a new motor or a rewire.

Yes you can use the flex you have, but maybe also needs a notice to warn people, I could not believe how many so called electricians tried to wire to 400 volt when the inverter failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back