30a connector block, how can I tell

Yes, wago type, you would need the 3 way type.

Green and yellow sleeving for the new cable.

You may need to re-strip the cable ends for the wagos, as you need a good solid connection for wagos.

Sponsored Links

Green and yellow sleeving for the new cable.

You may need to re-strip the cable ends for the wagos, as you need a good solid connection for wagos.

great thankyou, i'll get some ordered from amazon...

would they just sit loose in the drywall box then?

these connectors?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/lever-splice-connector-221-413-terminal/dp/B0744G8C72/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3B5AE3WXERI9A&dchild=1&keywords=3+way+wago+connectors&qid=1620079855&sprefix=3+way+wag,kitchen,168&sr=8-5

Last edited:
These connections are clearly going to be very inaccessible (covered with a large 'floor-to-ceiling' mirror which will be 'stuck to the wall'), so need to be Maintenance-Free and it appears that, strictly speaking, connections with Wagos do not qualify as 'MF' unless in a WagoBox.

Kind Regards, John

These connections are clearly going to be very inaccessible (covered with a large 'floor-to-ceiling' mirror which will be 'stuck to the wall'), so need to be Maintenance-Free and it appears that, strictly speaking, connections with Wagos do not qualify as 'MF' unless in a WagoBox.

Kind Regards, John

is there something else which you can recommend that would work?
thanks

Sponsored Links

Kind Regards, John
Yes, yes, yes.

But it's a stupid rule, and if we follow rules like that nothing would ever get done.

If you don't me saying so :D.

Is the mirror going down to the floor or skirting?

If the latter, cut a hole in the skirting for a backbox and start from there?

Presumably the skirting board will be coming off - perhaps a gap can be made to push the wago box into the floor.

thanks all, glad i asked now. so perhaps having a debate now with the wife and telling her i will need the mirror to go as far as the skirting board.

so if thats the best method for me, take skirting off after they have measured up for the mirror and then put a drywall box underneath the skirting so skirting can cover it up (still need a blanking plate im assuming) and then pull the existing original socket wire down into that (would you cut that or try to bend it into the new drywall box) and run the new cable into that drywall box for the connections?

thanks

Yes, yes, yes. ... But it's a stupid rule, and if we follow rules like that nothing would ever get done. ... If you don't me saying so :D.
Yes, it's a very silly 'rule', as are many of the regulations. However, I think it only right that we should inform people as to what the 'rules' (no matter how silly) actually are, and then leave them to decide whether to comply with them. You rightly told the OP (twice, I think) that the regulations required him to have MF connections, so I think it is only right that he should understand that what he proposes to use (alone) would not qualify as 'MF' in the eyes of those regulations.

I have to say that it sounds as if these connections are going to be so 'inaccessible', that I would personally not want to use any type of spring-loaded connectors (even if 'MF'), nor even crimps. I would do anything I could to avoid having any joints at all behind this 'stuck on' mirror and, if that proved impractical, would probably not be happy with anything other than soldered joints.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back