3Gang socket MK metal backbox 13A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
while I hate these as they are expensive and only supply 13A,
But where do I purchase a metal back box for one? 25mm.

Couldn’t see it in screwfix.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I looked and seems you have to buy 5 or 10
Ah, yes - hadn't noticed.

However, 10 (the only option now available) appears to only cost £14 (+free p&p) - so only £1.40 each. Buy 10, use 2 and sell the other 8 on eBay - maybe even at a profit :)

Kind Regards, John

Out of stock now.

And I can’t get away with 35mm

Only just managed to fit a 25mm

I intend to fit 2 doubles with a gap, but just looking for a backup plan.

Out of stock now. ... And I can’t get away with 35mm
It ok. I have a wicks Just down the road and I’ll get the front from screwfix saving a few quid
I'm a bit confused - the only one Wickes are offering also seems to be 35mm.

In fact, looking around I haven't yet seen any 25mm ones - are we sure they exist?

Kind Regards, John

Ok yes I think you are correct. Oh well that rules that out and I am glad.
It appears that MK do a 30mm 'surface box' (K2153 WHI) which you might be able bodge in (althouigh probably difficult to get neat at the edges, since it will be as big as the socket) - and, if that were too deep, it looks as if you could probably chop off an extra 5mm at the front - but I'm not sure that the socket and wiring would then fit! Just a thought! ....

upload_2019-1-26_0-55-23.png

Kind Regards, John

TBH, I'd like 1 foot gap or more, but if the wall didn't allow that, I would have been happy to live with a 3 gang socket.

I'll have to have a measure up to see where I want them, and what looks sensible.

Humm. I guess that is a good idea John. May look better next to each other.

Plan A was to put a double either side of a desk. There is a wooden beam in the way, but I could over come that if I thought the end result would be worth it.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back