4.2Kw Oven install

Thanks for the info, which I'm comfortable with other than 1.5mm² & 4mm² which were regularly used with 10A & 25A respectively.
Electrically, that would have been fine but (and maybe I'm wrong) I didn't think that 10A and 25A were standard/recognised ratings for BS3036's - the standard/ubiquitous cards of fuse wire (a good few of which I still have) certainly only had 5A, 15A and 30A fuse wire - no 10A or 25A.

Anyway, in n attempt to pull this discussion bit back from the tangent, I think the change from 3036 fuses to MCBs goes a long way to explaining why the concept that cooker circuits needed 6mm² cable (unnecessarily) stuck in many people's minds.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have cards with 5, 10, and 15A. Later ones were 5, 15, and 30A. Never seen 25 A though.

I used to have wooden reels of fuse wire, later they were plastic. I may still have some languishing in the bottom of a box.

After all it's only tinned soft copper or lead/tin wire and the rating chart was in the rack at every wholesaler.
upload_2021-12-15_22-18-50.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back