4 electric toothbrush plugs into 1 socket.

Sponsored Links
The 4 toothbrushes are all different makes but all have a 'normal' 2 pin plug on the leads. We know that you cannot charge from the shaver socket and i don't really want to use an extension lead due to space considerations.
Years ag I had a Micromark multi-plug which I used on the Hi-Fi 4 mains leads into 1 plug but they don't seem to do them anymore. I found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260735158953?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
but it seems bloody expensive way to run 4 leads into 1 plug.

Here's one less so:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MULTIWAY-...al_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item20e30b5151

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I can't help wondering why you need 4 electric toothbrushes. Just use one with 4 interchangable heads.

The CEE 7/4 (German "Schuko")(Type F) is not the same as CEE 7/16 "Europlug" (Type C) or BS 4573 (UK shaver) although may shaver sockets will take them all. Pin diameter and spacings differ.

Also current ratings differ in the main shaver adaptors have a 1A fuse so the simple way is standard 4 way 13A adaptor with shaver adaptors plugged in which means each one has a 1A fuse.

Crabtree do make a grid switch socket Cat No 4499 but for export only finding a supplier would be hard.

In Spain and Hong Kong I have bought socket extensions with a mixture of 13A and 2 pin and even 5A and 15A this
220px-Multi_plug.jpg
type of socket will take shaver and 13A plugs but does not comply with British regulations using adaptor plugs
2_pin_3_pin_plug_convert_me.jpg
is the other option these can be removed reverting back to shaver plug when required but since really designed for CEE 7/16 "Europlug" (Type C) not the BS 4573 (UK shaver) I am not 100% sure they would fit.

Sponsored Links
I can't help wondering why you need 4 electric toothbrushes. Just use one with 4 interchangable heads.
That is a valid point. They make removable heads for exactly that reason (amongst others). And if you need a stand, here's an idea.

The CEE 7/4 (German "Schuko")(Type F) is not the same as CEE 7/16 "Europlug" (Type C) or BS 4573 (UK shaver) although may shaver sockets will take them all. Pin diameter and spacings differ.
Do the typical toothbrush chargers have a Shuko or BS plug ? I'd have thought they'd generally want to stick with one plug Europe wide if they can get away with it as it reduces the number of different variants they need to make, stock, and distribute.

But answering that, I've just looked at a couple here (both Braun) and both have BS<whatever> moulded on the plug - and the plug won't physically fit the "plug type" adapters I have (the moulded body is too big and the plug is designed to take a specific shape of Shuko plug).

Oh well, another day, another new (and probably not very useful) fact learned.

It is silly the number of different plugs we have, we really ought to standardise :rolleyes:

Do the typical toothbrush chargers have a Shuko or BS plug ? I'd have thought they'd generally want to stick with one plug Europe wide if they can get away with it as it reduces the number of different variants they need to make, stock, and distribute.

[/quote]

They certainly don't use Shuko plugs anywhere in the world. In Europe they have 2 pin europlugs, in the UK 2 in BS 546 type.

It is not allowed to sell electrical equipment in the UK with non UK plugs unless an adapter is fitted.

The answer to the question 'I can't help wondering why you need 4 electric toothbrushes' is simply, Time.
I'm happy to say that whilst the boys maintain excellent dental hygiene regimes, they, in common with most teens, do not like getting out of bed. We have double basins in the family bathroom so there's not too much fighting over getting to a sink but imagine only 1 toothbrush, no thanks :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back