4 rooms 4 power meters inside each room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would like some information and would be grateful if I could get some help. I am currently managing a property in which I have 5 rooms. I would like to know what is required to have an electric meter installed in each room. The electric meter would power all the electrics in that room, heater being the main one.

I have seen something like this before. What I saw was a meter that accepted coins and gave you credit based on that.

Sponsored Links
You're basically going to need to rewire the property, providing an independant supply to each room, plus a landlords supply for the communal areas.

Each room will need it's own little consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
Not forgetting the restriction on how much you can charge for the resale of electricity, i.e. you cannot make a profit

I am currently managing a property in which I have 5 rooms. I would like to know what is required to have an electric meter installed in each room
What's involved is opening a giant can of worms. Individual metering will end up costing you a substantial wedge of money, both to set up and ongoing. Don't do it, you will regret it.

You know what.....this does sound very difficult to implement. I wouldn't want to make a profit tbh. I just wanted it so that it would be more easier to manage.

If its primarily for heating?
If so, what sort of heating is it and how is it cabled? IE does each heater have its own breaker in the cu?

Yes it would.

And i'm guessing the cost of such an installation would be of the order of a few thousand bucks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back