5w30 for 2007 Ford KA 1.3i

Yep, that's the stuff.....almost guaranteed to be written on the master cylinder cap, I'd guess.
I've never had any problems with just pushing the pistons back in, but I do it gently and slowly.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I've never had any problems with just pushing the pistons back in, but I do it gently and slowly.
John :)

Nor had I till the fateful day years ago when I change the front pads on an Astra.

Maybe Vauxhaul were putting seals in the master that were just that bit too soft.

Anyways, my practice now is to drain the fluid of to a jar and top up with new.

Vauxhalls of a few years ago were prone to the master cylinder seals flipping. Probably not just Vauxhalls but whoever used the same make master cylinders.

Well since changing the brake fluid after x years is a recommended procedure, bleeding of into a jar when changing the pads is an effective way to do it.

The one aspect about brakes I do find amusing is that for every brand of brake pad, there's someone saying its crap and someone else saying its good. I've got a set of Mintex pads/discs for the KA and happy to use them, having done so for years.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A lot of garages when doing a brake fluid change simply syphon out the fluid in the reservoir and refill it....

Back