8 squid congestion charge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well, we have to pay for life in the bus lane somehow.

Sponsored Links
Effing outrageous. The communist b******* should be shot.

It's alright for him..Mr pushbike...he wants to try geiing 500kg of tools and a ton of materials to work on a f******* pushbike or stinky, smelly London lack of Transport...

I can just see the bus drivers face as I try to get on with four toolboxes, battery drills, 110V Tx etc, a pair of 6 tread steps and my 12 treads..Oh and the triple extension ladder!!

I cannot believe the people of London were dumb enough to vote for this lieing, conieving, no good communist woman beater.

Sponsored Links
I once tried to get on a 38 with the totally outragous item of my daughter, aged 2 and got told to stop wasting time and get off!

Anyway I've just read we are about to get a third more bus lanes and an extention of bus only times.

loublou said:
Anyway I've just read we are about to get a third more bus lanes and an extention of bus only times.

first bus: 5.30AM
last bus: 11.40PM

'buses only 4AM-1AM'

:evil:

I know what I would do..but it is not politically correct!! :LOL:

For those that travel into london regularly: Has it made much difference to the congestion?

FWL_Engineer said:
I can just see the bus drivers face as I try to get on with four toolboxes, battery drills, 110V Tx etc, a pair of 6 tread steps and my 12 treads..Oh and the triple extension ladder!!
The bus driver might not let you on because you're over the 20kg baggage allowance, just another idea for the EU to think about to add on their so far over 30,000 rules :LOL:
A bus with a roof rack, nah can't happen can it :?: :LOL:

kendor said:
For those that travel into london regularly: Has it made much difference to the congestion?

Yes..all the effing cars, vans, trucks etc try to get in BEFORE the charge starts now...so it is absolute bedlam around 6am on any road heading inwards..

Ken has done bugger all for congestion. I'd like to know who counts these cars in the city, when I drive around it, it takes as long as ever, even aloowing for the traffic light tampering that has gone on.

As far as I am concerned Ken Livingstone is nothing more that a common thief and deserves to be locked up..or better still deported to Zimbabwe!!

it also tickles me abiut 24 hour bus lanes, but busees dont run 24/7.

also "special" not bus lane traffic lights, they stop traffic so busses can go, then what does the bus do after the lights? stops (as they do) so all the vehicles that were waiting still overtake the now stationairy bus

masona said:
A bus with a roof rack, nah can't happen can it :?: :LOL:

Plenty in India and many other countries and the bendy buses would be ideal.

FWL_Engineer said:
it takes as long as ever, even aloowing for the traffic light tampering that has gone on.

I've also read that soon a lot more traffic lights will be 'smart' lights, that is they change as a bus approaches.

Gone will be the day when you can get to know your local traffic light's habits . Sad I know but that's the way however many thousands of people spend however many thousands hours each day!

Smart traffic lights...fat chance..there aren't any smart people who could make a decision to put them in..the lights would win the next local Gov election!! :D

Sponsored Links
Back