A bit of bondage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
well, 10 pages now. Just another 5 to go and there is as much information in this thread as there is in dave scorchedknob's leaflet 'clever stuff about lecktrickery'.

The only difference is that there is some good information contained in this thread

Maybe we should publish this thread?

It only needs 20 regulars to chip in £40 each and we've got it cracked :D

Sponsored Links
well, 10 pages now. Just another 5 to go and there is as much information in this thread as there is in dave scorchedknob's leaflet 'clever stuff about lecktrickery'.

Actually, there are many more words here. There are ten pages of posts - dozens to a page.

DC'c book only has about ten pages of total content - and a lot of that is taken up by his Etch-A-Sketch diagrams!

I think DC has disappeared!
dug himself in too deep and is now probably at the bottom of a very big hole
pity really, I was looking foward to his "debate"
lets hope he's busy correcting his book :rolleyes:

I don't think he has the underpinning knowledge to correct his book, you'd think at least he'd have an up to date copy of the regs!

Talking of regs, I had an email a couple of weeks ago from David Cockburn asking me if I was aware that the EAWR 1989 "demands that all conductors other than circuit conductors are bonded to earth?"

I must confess I had to tell him that I was not so aware, not even after having read them again.

Ah, yes. He's been up to his tricks on another forum.

So I Joined up, responded to his incorrect posts, was joined by every other regular poster there...

...and then I got banned from the site - all in a single day!

No personal attacks, no character assassination, just the truth.

I wonder how many other posters found themselves banned from http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/ ?

So I Joined up, responded to his incorrect posts, was joined by every other regular poster there...

No personal attacks, no character assassination, just the truth.

I wonder how many other posters found themselves banned from http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/ ?

Which posts was he spouting his rubbish in ?

Amazon hasn't sold any of his books since this thread started :LOL:

Blimey - even I've never been that unwelcome anywhere. Be warned - there are people who will try to use the fact that you have been banned from one forum to make out that there's something wrong with your posts on other ones.

I did get banned once from a site when I'd done absolutely nothing - really.

I got into a right old ding-dong on ebuild with some guy who just would not accept that the Building Regulations didn't say that BS 7671 EICs were mandatory, just would not accept that unqualified people could notify work. Even when shown the section in AD P headed "Where installers are not qualified to complete BS 7671 completion certificates" he still said it was couldn't be done, and just ignored the obvious question "well why does it say that then?".

Unbelievable.

Anyway - it turned out that he was also a member, of some standing, of another site that I'd joined a year or so earlier and had never used. Can't remember now which one it was. I honestly had no idea he was a member there, and he'd joined after me. It was 2008 and I was toying with the idea of getting some 17th edition learning materials so I started looking around, and this other forum had a section on that, so I posted a question asking for any recommendations.

Next thing I know I've been banned for being a troll. Turned out that Warreng had seen the post, decided I'd followed him there to carry on posting my mendacious lies about DIYers being allowed to do notifiable work and reported me to the boss.

Ho hum.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/ ?
Oh come on - show us the topic(s).....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back