A bit of common sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
England vaccine passport plans ditched, Sajid Javid says

"A scheme for vaccine passports for entry to nightclubs and large events in England will not be going ahead, the health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid told the BBC: "We shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it."

He said the government had looked at evidence, adding: "I'm pleased to say we will not be going ahead with plans.
"

The interesting bit - "We shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it."

The rabid vaxxers will of course be fuming! (y)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Common sense indeed - and maybe some logic.
So what is the current thinking on the 'virus'?

Who knows!

I have a feeling that quite soon the truth will out, and this is simply damage limitation in advance!

I have a feeling that quite soon the truth will out, and this is simply damage limitation in advance!

the truth that you are a raving loony?

I think youve already been outed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

why do you put it in inverted commas?
ellals' use of punctuation marks can be described as elementary at best. Over-uses exclamation marks which has the opposite of the desired effect. Decent literate writers use them sparingly.

Really?

Plenty of rabid vaxxers are insisting on mandatory jabs! (n)

I have not seen or heard anybody fuming about this decision. Where are they all?

Are you honestly trying to use a change in policy on the control of the virus as a way to continue to spread your opinion that Covid 19 is not a virus and the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus that has killed 4.5 million people? (try not to answer with "with or from").

Who knows!
Irrelevant.

The thinking on the passports is now (presumably and obviously) that they would not do what they were initially intended to do and so are pointless.

Thin end of the wedge if allowed.

Many countries have mandatory vaccines for diseases such as diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type b, measles, mumps, and rubella.
Of those where it is just "recommended", most parents chose to get their children vaccinated. All these vaccines have a risk of side effects.

Australia's stance:

Vaccination is not compulsory and parents will continue to have the choice whether or not to vaccinate their child. However, conscientious objectors can no longer enrol their children in child care and will need to make alternative arrangements.
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation/Pages/childcare_qa.aspx

See, we have freedom to choose, just like in Australia. But in the same way you have freedom to choose to get a passport, driving licence, bank account, if you don't you might find life less fun. Don't complain about your personal life choices, and don't be critical of "sheeple" that think differently to you.

Although, must less opportunity to get into angry arguments with people on building forums if you do that ...

One real issue is more plastic waste, and more cost to the taxpayer.

Maybe the real reason for scrapping passports is to keep the lateral flow test requirements - you can make much more money by asking people to test every week, then by handing out a certificate / passport once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back