A case for Boss White on every compression joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont even keep ptfe tape on the van.

What do you use for rad valve tails OOI?

Most of the stuff I do is replacing existing and it takes 2 seconds to 'beef up' the old olive with a bit of ptfe.

Less messy and easier to carry in the tool box.

Probably a liquid ptfe or loctite 55., had to buy my first rolls of one wrap and ptfe in years a few weeks ago because an underling nvq graduate was panicked by the stuff. Worrying really.

And those sh1tty plastic rolls are neither tidier or easier when they break into dozens of pieces.

Sponsored Links
Metal on metal contact stops you tightening properly due to friction, that's why washers are used with nuts and bolts. Anything that defeats that friction is desirable.

Is that why spring washers are used on nuts and bolts too Joe? :rolleyes:

Yes. A washer is double side, and that fact halves the frictional area. Do you guys know anything about engineering?

Metal on metal contact stops you tightening properly due to friction, that's why washers are used with nuts and bolts. Anything that defeats that friction is desirable.

Is that why spring washers are used on nuts and bolts too Joe? :rolleyes:

Yes. A washer is double side, and that fact halves the frictional area. Do you guys know anything about engineering?

And do you know anything about Plumbing :?: :p

More than most of you lot. At least I'm intelligent and educated.

The only reason you have a private forum is so that you can talk to each other without the rest of us laughing at your grammar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
More than most of you lot. At least I'm intelligent and educated.

The only reason you have a private forum is so that you can talk to each other without the rest of us laughing at your grammar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OMG!! Another oily rag grease monkey that thinks he knows it all!!

Grow up. You can educate people but you can't stop them from being childish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back