A dangerous cult now runs Britain

As you say, older people, and those in poor health, should lay down their lives for the benefit of business profits.

For the greater good yes once everyone has had their vaccines, there is many more people this affects than just businesses..

Sponsored Links
From the candidates standing as party leader

chosen by a small number of tory activists, having been pre-selected by an even smaller number of Brexer MPs.

I note you are not saying that you think the Buffoon is the best person to lead the country in a crisis.

Sponsored Links
that's not what you said.

What I said was that at some point we are going to have to get on with it, or big boy pants etc bla bla bla,

I didn't expand any further, so to try and put words in that I didn't say is rather presumptuous of you.

Do you think Corbyn would have done better
Would Corbyn have delayed testing capacity in order to get private labs up and running?
Would Corbyn have given out billions in bogus contracts?
I have a feeling Corbyn wouldn't have missed 5 cobra meetings.

I'm no fan of Corbyn, but why wouldn't he have done better?

I'm no fan of Corbyn, but why wouldn't he have done better?

He is a crap leader. He is massively unpopular. He is thick as 3 short planks. He is a terrible public speaker. Normal folk wouldn't take any notice of a word he said. Boris acts the fool. Corbyn is the real deal. Seriously, he managed to completely destroy the labour party, even in its heartlands. He couldn't run tap, let alone a country. That is the problem for all the Boris haters. The opposition is brain dead.

We could easily be hooked in to some EU vaccine scheme listening to apologies as to why we wont get the vaccine until the rest of the EU 27 have been done.
Any government could have decided to approve vaccines quickly and buy lots. Why assume that because one did no other one would?

We could easily also be in some coalition government paralysed in to doing nothing very late.
In what way would that be worse than the non-coalition government paralysed in to doing nothing very late which we have now?

He's a bit of a Wally, but I can't think of anyone from the available choices who'd have been any better.
Obviously in your world not engaging in bribery and corruption does not count as "better".

From the candidates standing as party leader and therefore PM at the last GE, yes.
IMO anyone who thinks that someone who is deceitful, dishonest, a known liar, lazy, incompetent and not dedicated to the job would make a good PM is beyond reason.

Perhaps Cummins has been stabbed in the back in an odd sort of way. He has his beliefs about what the country needs, gets a party elected with help from others that supports these views and then find that the politicians don't and have their own ideas - as they usually do - beliefs.

The country is in an odd sort of position as far as covid goes. In the past there was talk about reaching a new norm. In other words things will have to be different to how they were pre covid. Now there seems to be a perception that all precautions will be stopped later this month. That suites some views. The other would as well if anyone had the faintest idea what that could be if feasible.

The news used an interesting figure yesterday. Infections have risen by 27% I think or a number close to it. Reported that way as it sounds worse than the numbers involved. How rapidly covid spreads when precautions are not taken are well know. 1,000's initially from a few people bringing it into the country. That didn't take long. The UK made a big mistake not considering masks initially. China appeared to use it as a substitute for distancing long before it was used here on trains etc. 2m if some one sees a person vaping is pretty clearly a very bad joke especially if it's flavoured. Cummins has already said the travel should have been restricted*. This sort of thing as with others needs to be actually enforced for the good of the country in all respects including financial. Peoples feelings are irrelevant.

The question really is just how long it will take the entire population to catch covid because without any precautions that is exactly what will happen. No one really knows what the results of that will be yet. There just isn't sufficient information available.

The other question is just how long will it be around world wide and how many other variants will crop up. While it's about they will. It typically takes several weeks to test for them let alone detect their presence and countries testing capabilities vary in this area. Ours has been increased a lot but knowing about them when they are here doesn't help that much.

So what is a rational thing to do. Lockdown durations depend on the levels of infection when they are applied. The UK doesn't look good in that respect and also not good on death rates while being treated especially when hospitalisation rates get high. The effect of the vaccines will take weeks to detect. All they have at the moment is tentative figure obtained during a lock down when transmission rates are low.

*Pot calling kettle black but he means really restricted.

Corbyn :LOL:

he is a bigger buffoon than Johnson :LOL:

he would have taken advice on the economy from his mate modero in
Venezuela and the Castro family in Cuba :)

in between going out to Moscow to
Polish putins boots en-route to China to brown nose Paddington bear and on the way back he would have popped into the Gaza Strip to have tea and biscuits with the Hamas leadership :LOL:

is what you just did.

It isn't what you said originally.

nothing in here about vaccines.

As I said I didn't expand on it either way whether negatively or positively.

I was commenting on someone else's post referring to continued lockdown.

So pipe down.

Sponsored Links
Back