A dangerous cult now runs Britain

Sponsored Links
And £27K worth of take-aways and grocery deliveries.

The link suggests that our Prime Minister is guilty of a terminological inexactitude.

Who could have seen that coming?

"The Mail reported in March how the deliveries, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, were smuggled in to Downing Street. At the time Mr Johnson denied the Bamfords paid for his food deliveries. A Downing Street spokesman said: ‘The costs of the food for personal consumption are met by the Prime Minister.’

The Mail estimated then that it was worth approximately £12,500. We can now reveal it was worth well over double that amount.

Mr Johnson, like all MPs, must declare any donation or gift worth more than £500 in the Commons Register of Interests within a month. If gifts or services are supplied below cost price, the full market value must be declared. There is no reference to Daylesford deliveries in his current entry"

"Mr Johnson was so determined to keep the deliveries secret, the hampers were allowed to bypass anti-terrorist checks at the front gate, causing concern among some No 10 staff."

FFS.

Thinks 1% pay rise for hospital workers is high enough, but has his flat decorated with gold wallpaper at someone else's expense. Accepts freebie holidays and decorating donations without declaring them.

Can't be blamed, eh?

How many covid cases has this caused?

Sponsored Links
Ignore the government completely?

One of the news channels had no problem finding a number of people who are. Lots who said I've had the vaccine so all is ok - distancing etc no need. Taking no notice of all of the govs take care warnings. They want to find out how things are going slowly.

;) You might say they are helping the resolve the current covid experiment. How effective the vaccines are etc. The week before last there was the beginnings of a wave level rise in infections in the younger age groups. That's how they always start for various reasons. It takes a number of weeks to spread up the age groups.

NERVTAG man was on the TV. He feels a delay in the next lock down easing is probable. Business is saying distancing must go. He also said that the new variants are having more effects down in the lower age groups. Some hospitals were saying in the last wave that they had far more 30 odd year olds in this time. Virus change or I'm all right jack. Hard to know really. He also said yes there will be more deaths irrespective.

A cult :confused:

could that be political party members :idea:

perhaps they are the members of cults :idea:
they could well be ? They are best described as being in a

**** end cult :LOL::mrgreen:

"No matter what the prime minister does, no matter the consequences, his devotees line up to heatedly excuse it

Last night’s Downing Street coronavirus briefing was given by Matt Hancock, now identifiable only by his dental records. According to Dominic Cummings, Hancock was a serial liar at a deadly level who should have been sacked 15 or 20 times. According to himself, Matt Hancock “threw a ring around care homes”. It would have been a lot better if he’d thrown the ring into Mount Doom instead.

Elsewhere, it has emerged that a government that came to power promising to control our borders has allowed 1.59 million – ONE POINT FIVE NINE MILLION – travellers to fly into the UK in the four lockdown months from January to April alone, two-thirds of whom were not UK nationals. If we don’t open up fully in three weeks, make sure to thank the Conservatives by popping a couple more points on their poll ratings.

So yes: you’ve heard a lot of denials over the past 24 hours. But the biggest UK repository of denial remains the polls, where no revelation of incompetence or failure impacts other than positively for the government. A midweek poll saw the Conservatives climb six points, to 44%, which feels about perfect for a country where at that moment Cummings was claiming industrial levels of lying, incompetence and contempt for elderly and vulnerable people, and spiking it all with such details as Boris Johnson wanting Chris Whitty to inject him with the virus live on TV. Remember, even Donald Trump at his maddest only wanted other people to inject the disinfectant.

Still, we are where we are. The great puzzle is that so many of the people who talked about “the Corbyn cult” are so reluctant to face up to the fact of the Johnson cult. In many ways, Johnson is the much more classic cult leader. His decisions have led to the deaths of large numbers of people, and he’s got a lot of women pregnant.

If only people who rightly identified the unpleasant and weirdo tendency to excuse absolutely anything at all where Jezza was concerned could be man enough to see it on so much larger a scale where Bozza is concerned. He is, after all, the actual prime minister. And for well over a year, many – not just Cummings – have pointed in remorseless and verifiable detail to his abysmal decisions or indecisions, which have led to tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths, far deeper-than-necessary economic damage and longer loss of freedoms. To say nothing of his having an approach to funding holidays and interior decoration that would not seem out of place in a TV evangelist.

But let’s return to first principles on this whole cult business. The thing about cult leaders, typically, is that they’re charismatic, male and able to persuade people of the wisdom of things very much not in their best interests. There is simply no moral failing of theirs that could be placed in front of their followers that would not cause those same followers to passionately excuse it or love them more for it. Faulty prophecies, missing funds, being present but not involved at the laying of a wreath to Black September, notching up one of the world’s worst death tolls and persistently dithering to the point of alleged manslaughter – all this is bad **** to outsiders, but simply makes the cultists cleave ever closer to their dear leaders."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/28/cult-britain-boris-johnson-prime-minister
Was shocked at language used in the title of your thread.

Then i put my glasses on and read it properly.

Was shocked at language used in the title of your thread.

Then i put my glasses on and read it properly.

It makes some sound points really as politics is a little like religion. With religion no one knows about their version of an afterlife until they get there. It needs faith without any proof. Voting is much the same but end results usually become apparent eventually. It requires faith initially. Currently lots of people appear to have faith in Boris and his cronies. He can do no wrong. Gods can't either. So yes in some respects all of these are cults. All politicians will go as far as they can in making it look like sunshine comes out of their backsides and will even hire people to help them do that. Also do their best to make the opposition look worse.

Levelling up is the latest aspect of faith. Saying it is one thing and achieving it is another. Some of their aims in this area go back to Blare/Brown ideas, why the delay. Some wonder where the money will come from. :ROFLMAO: Corbyn explained that pretty well. Didn't help him but it will come from exactly the same sources as it doesn't grow on trees. Corporation tax was cut so that companies will flood in. They didn't. Why would they now? Our domestic consumption is a drop in the ocean compared with the rest of the world and our previous export market has shrunk unless we get cheaper. How to do that?

Covid handling. Who ever was in power would use the same system of facilities and people to handle it. They might even choose to make political capital out of it too. Such as nightingales that can't really treat people and compare them with what China did. JSB ventilator cases that were never used. Political stunt also various "inventions" that never went anywhere. Dyson's unusual tory party donation - design a ventilator that no one here wants. - The list goes on - Hancock's half truths - looks good but isn't.

Brexit and the pandemic are obscuring the Tories true performance.
If they can deliver what the public really want, then it shouldn't matter whether they are blue or red.

And in jumps @motorbiking, the Buffoon apologist.
You have to stand back from your political bias and ask this:
- who else?
- what would they have done better/worse?
- would they have a mandate to lead?

We could easily be hooked in to some EU vaccine scheme listening to apologies as to why we wont get the vaccine until the rest of the EU 27 have been done.
We could easily also be in some coalition government paralysed in to doing nothing very late.

He's a bit of a Wally, but I can't think of anyone from the available choices who'd have been any better.

You have to stand back from your political bias

If I was choosing someone to lead the country in a crisis, I wouldn't choose someone who was deceitful, dishonest, a known liar, lazy, incompetent and not dedicated to the job.

Would you?

Are you seriously saying that you think the Buffoon is the best person?

You have to stand back from your political bias and ask this:
- who else?
- what would they have done better/worse?
- would they have a mandate to lead?

We could easily be hooked in to some EU vaccine scheme listening to apologies as to why we wont get the vaccine until the rest of the EU 27 have been done.
We could easily also be in some coalition government paralysed in to doing nothing very late.

He's a bit of a Wally, but I can't think of anyone from the available choices who'd have been any better.

Can't believe you said that. Labour has many a fine fellow to step in. :ROFLMAO: Starmer, Abbott, Rayner, Nando. Labour party. What a complete joke.

From the available candidates in the last General election... Not only
If I was choosing someone to lead the country in a crisis, I wouldn't choose someone who was deceitful, dishonest, a known liar, lazy, incompetent and not dedicated to the job.

Would you?

Are you seriously saying that you think the Buffoon is the best person?

From the candidates standing as party leader and therefore PM at the last GE, yes. Given the result, I'm not alone. Do you think Corbyn would have done better?

Ignore the government completely?

No that's not what I said.

At some point the government will have to open up completely and suffer the consequences of the few.

Once everyone is vaccinated I can't see the country or the economy being able to withstand any further prolonged lockdowns or restrictions.

There will always be a new variant so to think that we just need to lock down for another couple of months as each new variant comes around is rediculous, we'll never be out of lockdown otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Back