A Fused Spur Socket??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, i have one of those fused spur sockets that is being used to power a plug socket that i wish to move... my question is this. do i have to keep the fused spur...could i just obtain a plug socket and wire it to the where the spur now is???

Sponsored Links
depends on the size of cable / design of cable runs. more info is required to advise you correctly.
how many cables in back of Fused Spur 2 or 3 sets ?

thanks for the quick reply..

it looks like there are 3 sets coming from the spur... but when i turn off the spur it only effects one set of plugs sockets...

hope that helps a little more

set of sockets? how many does it control?

if it's more than 1 single or double socket, then to have to keep the fused spur

Sponsored Links
i just looked at my first post and it makes no sense so thought i would give a bit more info.

I have a 13a fused spur unit with three wire sets coming in at the back, that is powering a plug that will very soon be hidden by a new fireplace, and thus becoming useless. rather than move the plug socekt (which would involve lifting carpet etc) i thought the easiest thing to do would be to replace the fused spur unit with a plug socket.

so to do this..i guess i remove the cabling that is going to the spured socket and then simply wire the new plug socket into the ring. Leaving two wire sets the back of the new plug....does that make sense and can it be done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back