A legal question.

If you were married and filed for divorce, you couldn't say to your wife "I'm staying in the house, you clear off". The house would be sold as part of the settlement. Why should it differ because they are not married?
As long as both parties are in agreement then there would be no problem with that, married or not. They make a separation agreement and separate on those terms.

Sponsored Links
Yes but what if one of them puts up an unrealistic valuation?

One can put up any unrealistic valuation they want but it won't matter. What will matter will be the expert valuation(s) from the surveyor(s).

doesn't your friend know any mobsters?

DEATH is cheaper the settlements I'm told NOT that I would know of any such thing

Sponsored Links
Joe 90 wrote

There isn't a mortgage. They bought it cash

A fool and his/her money are easily parted.

I would suggest that the person who wants to stay in the property does NOTHING.

It will be up to the person LEAVING to begin legal proceedings to recover his/her monies.
But I cannot answer if the current market will be forced or the amount originally paid.

If the person leaving does nothing then I think the person staying in the property can take out a new title to the property in his/her name after a certain period of time has lapsed but I could be wrong here.
I had a relative in a similar situation a few years ago losing an incredible sum of money. :(

I was in a similar situation with the bitch from hell about 12ys ago,
basically I got all the flanel from some shyster solicitor, basically all she had done was contribute to the mortgage and bills as a job lot,
so i suggested that i wanted paying for all the work id put into the whole house.
then i suggested the roof needed redoing and that as she was 50% liable i demanded she paid.

final upshot she hadnt even contributed to the deposit.

basically her solicitor must have warned her of her liabilities and told her to cut and run, because i got the lot so she continue on and annoy someone else in the future :LOL:

Back