A new desktop computer.

Four desktops in 2 years? I've had mine for 9 years. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Four desktops in 2 years? I've had mine for 9 years. :eek:
They are all in use. One's a super duper machine for CAD and stuff. Two are work units and the fourth a general home one. You can build your own spec or start with a base spec and tweak it. I compared loads of options and these were by far the best spec I could get for the money.

If I buy one and then buy Windows 7 CD, is it easy to load? Something like F2 run from CD?

Sponsored Links
Win 9 is being missed as some countries consider the number nine is unlucky. Norway, Korea and Japan.

Yes but when I last upgraded my computer memory it made the computer a lot faster - that's what I like.

Thanks for that. I think I will get a Zoostorm from Ebuyer. It's just deciding which.

If I went for one with Win7 loaded - do I still get the CD?

Careful what you wish for ... Voila Win10-Pro.
This image follows a press on that 'Start button' - Win 7 it ain't.

Win8 certainly seems as stable as win7.
Having used Win 8.1 Pro for over a year and trying Win10 Pro as shown - I am thinking WTF have MS done to the OS to warrant a '10' - SFA by the feel of it !!
A simple freeby download / install gives one the usability of Win7 with all the 'charms' of the Wins 8-10.
http://www.classicshell.net/ A decent method enabling learning the new OS working in parallel with the comfort of a Win7 start button and available program display.

Hardware ? Buy the best you can reasonably afford to purchase...

-0-

Yes but when I last upgraded my computer memory it made the computer a lot faster - that's what I like.

That's because Computers 9 years ago used to be shipped often with less than 2gb, which wasn't enough.

Once you have enough memory, adding more will make 0% difference.

4gb is enough, if you want to splash out then get an SSD hardrive instead with the money.

Sponsored Links
Back