A spectacular mistake?

Sponsored Links
Straw admitted it, in interview.
That it is linked here in the DM is of no relevance.
Would you expect the Mirror or Guardian to trumpet his admission.
Would you pooh-pooh if the DM reported that the sun would set tonight, to rise tomorrow?
The truth is the truth.

He said it in a radio 4 interview a few days ago along with admitting the iraq war was a mistake too, but he blamed that on hans blix.

Sponsored Links
We need to send all these politicians back where they came from! :)

I sincerely hope that these statements encourage a vote to leave the EU in the forthcoming promised referendum - if it ever takes place!

Mind you, even if it does it will be a bit too late, won't it?

This country's had it.

I’ve said it before but I honestly couldn’t give a monkey’s to$$ who my neighbours are, (within reason). It’s the sheer number of people in this small country which bugs me! And once the flood gates have been opened, every man and his dog’s relatives have a right to join them here.

It’s the last Straw! :evil:

I sincerely hope that these statements encourage a vote to leave the EU in the forthcoming promised referendum - if it ever takes place!

This country's had it.
Do you really think we'll get a referendum? Wasn't the Toyota boss saying something about Toyota's presence in the UK being dependant on continuing EU membership a few days back. 6500 jobs in the balance? Pressure like that has to make a vote less likely surely?

Big Tone. Would you be happy with a bunch of Roma next door?

Big Tone. Would you be happy with a bunch of Roma next door?
I haven't met many Joe but I have, and do, meet people through my work from all over the world. How would you feel if or when you want to retire to Spain or the south of France they said "no **** off back to your own country you bloody foreigner!". Same thing?

The world is a villiage these days. My gripe is we can't all live in one small idealistic place. In your example just substitute the word Roma for Wop, Ch1nk, ****er, Crout or even Women.

I'd hoped we'd moved on from those days...

Reminiscent of the rivers of blood speech, which never happened ;)

I understand you can’t have a massive influx of people, but you are personalising it to Roma when it wouldn’t matter if it was a million aliens.  The problem is logistical as much as political.  E.g. You couldn’t have every middle class white stereotypical Englishman move to Jersey; there just isn’t the room!  Or rather you probably could make the room if you turned most of the 30,000 acres into 60s style high rise flats to accommodate them all, but it would turn the place to sh1t!  (The way England is going).

Therein lies this problem and the problem with increasing population and infrastructure; it doesn’t happen overnight, it happens over decades like a cancer.  Then one day you wake up and think about how things were in your youth, the green fields you played on now turned into concrete.  The gridlocked traffic when once it was free-moving etc.

In principal, this is what has been happening to England for decades.  Indeed, I have seen this happen to ‘my’ country in my own lifetime.  It isn’t racist, it’s a fact that there’s no more room at the Inn.  Yes, you can always make an argument for converting brown belt and improved infrastructure, (as they do), but the fact and my point is the same as ever.  The quality of life, all life, is inversely proportional to the human population density.

It might be that we actually agree on something for once; except that I don’t have any axe to grind with Roma folk – just the quantity of any race flooding any other small country.  The truth of the matter is that it’s political suicide to say this.  I can say it only because I’m not a politician after your vote.  So it’s business as usual, ad nauseam, and if you don’t like it or where it’s leading you, the only thing you can do is vote with your feet.

(Clears throat).  Assuming another country won’t mind English foreigners like us moving in on them of course... :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Err no Tone. The Roma ARE aliens. Alien to every country in Europe.

Why do you think it would cause riots if there weren't truth in the claim.

The Rivers of blood will happen - it's just a natter of when.

This country's had it.
Do you really think we'll get a referendum? Wasn't the Toyota boss saying something about Toyota's presence in the UK being dependant on continuing EU membership a few days back. 6500 jobs in the balance? Pressure like that has to make a vote less likely surely?

To be frank, no. It's odds on that our stupid electorate will vote Labour back in, and that's only one administration since they almost destroyed this country.

As we all know, Labour are against a referendum for some reason they keep to themselves.

I still have a, probably forlorn, hope that we might end up with a Conservative + UKIP coalition and that a referendum might, eventually, take place. Unfortunately, as I said earlier, it doesn't matter: it will be too late anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back