Accenta G3 mini -Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am after some help... My battery died and I have bought a new one and refitted this after a few days of having no power going to the alarm.
The keypad buzzer went off and this was reset and silenced.
After I re-applied mains power the main alarm bell sounded but can't be silenced with the reset button or the normal code.
Do I need this anti code number that the manual refers too?
Do I get it from accenta themselves as I don't know who was the engineering company that fitted this.
Or can I totally reset the alarm back to factory settings and will this wipe out this anti code number I think i need.
Am I right in assuming if I factory reset it power it all back on I can just silence it by pressing reset and the codes will be 0123 and 9999 then I can change the 0123 code.
Any help much appreciated
Gavin

Sponsored Links
Yeah I have tried that cheers
Works ok when just running on the new battery but soon as I apply power the outside bell won't turn off..
That's when I read in the instruction manual about the anti code reset

So you power it up ? You enter your code ? The internal sounder stops ? But the outside bell keeps ringing ?
Yes ?

Sponsored Links
Yes basically
With no mains power and running on the new battery it's working as expected. Can silence the keypad and the day light comes on solid. I can arm the alarm too.
But as soon as I knock the breaker the external bell rings and can't be silenced with my code or 0123 (in case I had reset by accident) or by pressing the reset button

So powered by battery ONLY no mains ok ? Sets ok .... Turn ON mains alarm starts ringing outside only ? Or internal , code stops internal , but outside carries on ?

Yes mate when mains power is turned on I can't silence the outside ringer/ bell the 'reset' or code don't work

Do I need this anti code reset or if I factory reset the whole system and clear any memory will this resolve the issue once I put power on

No sounds like panels up the shoot , you can't hurt defaulting panel, if it's still same replace it

Thanks I will try this. I will try and get this anti code reset too just in case then try and factory reset at the weekend so I am not working on it at night
Much appreciated
Gavin

UPDATE - I have called Honeywell support, explained the fault, the support woman told me to power off and power on and do the reset reset within 5 seconds to factory reset it... i'm not convinced.. surely that just factory resets the 2 codes? back to 0123 and 9999

Reset alarm by reset reset same fault as soon as power is turned on and also shorted out panel and rest the nvm

Process of elimination now changing bell box then will look at control panel then wiring

Panel panel panel panel..... How can it be anything else if you say it works on battery only fine ! All you are doing by adding the mains supply is inputting 17-21v AC onto the pcb

Would a g4 panel be ok to replace or a like for like I am struggling to find a g3 panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back