Accenta G4 Mini Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

The other day we had electrical work in the area so they disconnected the power for around 8 hours. The alarm back up battery worked ok untill it died then the SAB kicked in outside

Power come back on & i silenced with my code.

However the engineer code which was set to default seems to have gone. As when i put the code is it says incorrrect code, however it hasent been changed.

Has anybody else had this problem ?

Sponsored Links
Probably been "Spiked" try a power recycle again.
If that does not work default back to factory, as you had the engineers anyway.

Do this with a new charged battery.

Thanks for the advice alarm, i did it yesterday.

I put a short between the set output & left hand tamper terminal & that defaulted user & eng codes, I down powered whilst doing this and powered back up when i closed all tampers and put user code in it silenced internal speakers but the external siren carried on. Cut itself off after 15 Mins

Bell fuse is ok, I suspect the bell trigger is still holding at 0volts and not returning to 12. So could be a faulty panel. These accentas dont seem to like power problems.

I am thinking of getting an engineer in to upgrade to a better panel as i am only comfortable on accentas, never had any problems in the past with them untill now.

I am looking at RISCO gear i have a wireless receiver & detectors & a bell box from risco and its good quality. However i have restricted space and the Accenta Mini fits ok so need a small end station. I have been looking at the dimenstions of the 480/490X

I would like the alarm panel to trigger my digicom via the Bell Trigger on Pin 3, This can be done i know,
But do these panels have inputs for PA buttons?
Or do they have to be connected onto a zone & programmed to suit?

Also do they have a programmable output that can be connected to PIN 2 if the PA button is pressed. Ideally i would like 2 outputs so if i wish in the future i could add smokes & that spare output could go to PIN 1

Which panel would best do the job the 480 or the 490X

Thanks for reading the long post :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice alarm, i did it yesterday.

I put a short between the set output & left hand tamper terminal & that defaulted user & eng codes, I down powered whilst doing this and powered back up when i closed all tampers and put user code in it silenced internal speakers but the external siren carried on. Cut itself off after 15 Mins

Don't wish to be a knob , but should't give it out publicly

I can understand where your coming from madman however if you google accenta G4 installation manual it comes right up so the info is very easy to find

Obviously there are other panels where it is very hard to find a engineer manual this info I would not put onto the forum

No problem madman

Just trying to choose a decent panel would have got a galaxy but not enough room in the cupboard needs a small end station like the accenta mini dimensions. looked at texecom panel too big, Would you suggest any others must have communicator outputs though

Must be a good school you go to there, that allows children to carry/use mobile phones during school time, and if my memory's correct during lessons.

Hi Guys,

Tested PA through to ARC & it showed PIN 3 in alarm condition.

Got an engineer in & it was the actually the communicator that was holding at 0V & not the panel. So dont need a new panel after all. :D

All now working fine .

Must be a good school you go to there, that allows children to carry/use mobile phones during school time, and if my memory's correct during lessons.

School finishes at 1:30 on friday ,

what more can i do to prove im 15?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back