Accidentally turned off immersion heater - now no CH or HW!

Try pressing reset, you have a call for heat so the problem seems to be with the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As I see it, you have radiator sign moving which means 'Call for Heat' has been detected, yet boiler does not ignite and no fault code is displayed.
I don't believe it will make matters any worse if you reset the boiler. Hold reset button for 1 second.

andytw

I can only take the HW as high as 65. CH is on 70. Still at 18C

I think that as this is a 'System Boiler' then the HW setting is not relevant. There will probably be a stat on the storage tank and a motorised valve near the tank. The boiler is either making hot water or not, it doesn't know if it is for heating purposes or for hot water purposes.

andytw

The hot one isin't relevant, I just wanted to make sure he had the ch one turned up so advised him to do both.

So it looks like the boiler isn't lighting. Do you know how I could possibly get it working? At the moment I'm looking at section 3.3 on page 21 of the manual. Thanks

As painfull as it sounds lad
It's time to spend some brass and call a gas safe man in to look at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back