Acs

Sponsored Links
I'm re doing my gas in few months wondering what has changed in past 4 years?

are you employed or self employed? if employed your boss has a duty to keep you updated to ensure you are working to the latest changes, if self employed that duty is yours, how much have you looked into the changes over the last 4 years via GSR Tech Bulletins etc? if you are not sure whether you are up to speed you would be better booking some re-training before you risk your ACS

I'm re doing my gas in few months wondering what has changed in past 4 years?

Possibly another 10,000 more RGIs , BG has the service/breakdown sector pretty much covered , get out now whilst you can. ;)

Sponsored Links
i work for bg all our updates get put onto the laptops no hard copies. have gone back to my original notes but dont want to revise the wrong info

i work for bg all our updates get put onto the laptops no hard copies. have gone back to my original notes but dont want to revise the wrong info

You will get the refresher before your ACS though.

one thing i would suggest BG is good at is covering their butt with passing info to their operatives, so you will have everything that has changed, whether you have taken any of it in is for you to know, not having hard copies of changes wont be a problem if you are working on appliances day to day, most of it will/should be second nature to you, as ACS is all about safety and IUP, are you doing assessment only or going for training, if doing training you should get a new training book from the provider, if assessment only you wont get anything but why not ask for a paper copy of the BG training notes that are given to contractors they are the best out, ( i managed to blag a set from a subbie who was in for re-assessment the other week)

Compared with self emp you are very lucky!

I dont even know if BG still operate their own assessment centres! I went to theirs at Leeds to do my Commercial Laundry assessment some while ago and was very unimpressed by the laxity of the process.

I was assigned to show the two others how to do a tightness test !!! Oddly that was still under ACOPS even though ACS was well under way by then.

You need to download updates from your laptop into your head!

There are few very significant changes that I can think of apart from the need for FFDs on cookers in flats etc. and the changes to the unvented scope.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back