Adding 2 extra Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thank you for allowing me to join.

I'm after some advice . I'm in meltdown . Haha

I have a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440cdi boiler which states it has a Boiler CH Output (BTU) of 100000 . My house is a 3 storey Victorian Style house. The third floor is in the loft and has 2 bedrooms. 1 Large and 1 small and has never had radiators installed there. The previous people that lived here had the mentioned boiler installed. There are currently 9 radiators installed which are a selection of sizes and types with fins without fins single and double. After doing some online research I think I found the BTU of each radiator which has a total of 19,780 watts which I believe equates to 67,252 BTU. I oversized on some radiators as I couldn't find the specific one so went up to next available size. Better safe than sorry I thought.

My thought is to put a 900 x 600 Single Panel with fins in the smaller room which is 1080 watts.

And put a 1200 x 600 Double Panel with Double Fins in the larger room which is 2680 watts.

Together total 12,784 BTU so I'm in a safe range of the boiler without killing it. It's bloody new.

So there's the history and my thought.

Question

Can I just branch off the existing radiator in the room below which is 15mm copper and add the extra 2 Radiators with plastic piping or do I need to go ripping up floors and look for 22mm pipe and T off them pipes ?? Please tell me Plan A. Haha.

I hope I have given enough information and eagerly wait for replies.

And many thanks in advance for your replies. Anthony.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back