ADT alarm not in use how to disconnect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I have an ADT wired alarm which has not been used for 3 years, it’s just on standby using electricity is there anyway I can disconnect it or do I need an electrician, or does adt need to disconnect it, any advice would be helpful thank you

Attachments

• 5B574EBD-67A1-44E1-AC77-C679C9412597.jpeg
    5B574EBD-67A1-44E1-AC77-C679C9412597.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
remove the fuse from the white box top right of your pic.

the bell/sounder may ring until the battery goes flat.

ADT should be on a contract and they should have decomissioned when you stopped paying.

It was on a contract from the previous owner but they never decommissioned when I stopped paying thanks for the advice I’ll try contacting them

remove the fuse from the white box top right of your pic.

the bell/sounder may ring until the battery goes flat.

ADT should be on a contract and they should have decomissioned when you stopped paying.
No …..remove that fuse in the daytime …..open the box and pull one of the battery spade terminals off …..now it may ring for 20 mins ….or not as adt don’t always fit external bell boxes ….( just dummies )
doing what Sunray says may cause it to activate in the night when the battery runs out

Sponsored Links
So you took over payments?

What was your contract with them?

No …..remove that fuse in the daytime …..open the box and pull one of the battery spade terminals off …..now it may ring for 20 mins ….or not as adt don’t always fit external bell boxes ….( just dummies )
doing what Sunray says may cause it to activate in the night when the battery runs out
I rather hoped the noise warning would have been obvious to do this during the day.

EDIT: Second thoughts, I hadn't really folowed this through properly, thanks for completing the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back