advice disneyland.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my mum has offered to pay for me and my family to go to disneyland orlando :eek: .
she needs a decision very soon.
everyone that i know has been there say its a chance in a lifetime and would go again but i have a few reservations which are as follows.

have own buisness so would need to employ someone trustworthy and as the work can only be carried out by me will mean a weeks back log till i get back.

have just sold house so need to find another property asap.

have now got a dog that i will have to find someone to look after.(kennels are not an option)

my son get very tired walking long distances as he has cerebal palsy.

a half day driving to london airport + car storage + long flight to america.
(as it is my kids say "are we there yet when we're reversing out of the driveway :rolleyes: )

i have diabetes which is controlled by injections and the doctors don't seem to know how i will manage with the time difference etc...

everyone says i would need 2 weeks to fully appreciate the holiday.

hurricanes.

i have mentioned eurodisney which would be a lot more practical and maybe when circumstances have changed in the future i might be able to afford it myself.

i know i may sound ungrateful but i'm just being realistic.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. saw a kid on t.v. say "daddy look,its that big rat" he obviousley did'nt know the difference between a mouse & rat. ;)

Sponsored Links
That's not what I would call a few reservations :confused:

If you don't wnat to 'substitute' het offer with Disneyland Paris, why not ask her to settle for something similar, but also completely different.
The oldest fairypark in the EU:
De Eflting.

Even I still enjoy that (and I hate theme-parks)

Go for it !!

You'll be surprised how many of these problems solve themself, and wonder why you didn't go away more often.....

I went to Orlando a couple of months ago and would thorougly recomend it. Only thing is that Disney was the one park we didnt visit, however, if its anywhere near as good as the ones we did go to (listed below), then you realy will be missing out if you dont go.

Park visited:

Sea World (4 times)
Universal Studios
Universal Islands of adventure
Wet and wild

And all this in just 10 days. No need for two weeks! :D

Sponsored Links
Stay at home, send the wife & kids....Wife phones you daily...you update on here... :LOL:

We went a few years ago for te 'holiday of a lifetime'...and have been back twice since!

Its a fantastic place.....the kids will love it.

The magic kingdom itself is great....apart from all the atractions one thing you cant fail to notice , is te general buzz ofthe place....everyone is in such a good mood there.

Theres a great game to be had too when your walking around the parks.....its called spot the Brit!....

Not hard....

Male.....40's fat balding (shaved head) england shirt on tattoo of a dagger on his leg....never smiling...even when micky comes up to him...swaggering around like he wants a ruck......wife....normally two steps behind and not talking to him cos they have just had a row....shes normally screaming at the kids...who aalso have england shirts on...and are lobbing litter everywhere.....just like mum and dad!!

Go.......youl love it.

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
my mum has offered to pay for me and my family to go to disneyland orlando :eek: .
Tell her nice joke but you'd rather go to Disney World there. ;)

she needs a decision very soon.
everyone that i know has been there say its a chance in a lifetime and would go again but i have a few reservations which are as follows.

have own buisness so would need to employ someone trustworthy and as the work can only be carried out by me will mean a weeks back log till i get back.

have just sold house so need to find another property asap.

have now got a dog that i will have to find someone to look after.(kennels are not an option)

my son get very tired walking long distances as he has cerebal palsy.

a half day driving to london airport + car storage + long flight to america.
(as it is my kids say "are we there yet when we're reversing out of the driveway :rolleyes: )

i have diabetes which is controlled by injections and the doctors don't seem to know how i will manage with the time difference etc...

everyone says i would need 2 weeks to fully appreciate the holiday.

hurricanes.

i have mentioned eurodisney which would be a lot more practical and maybe when circumstances have changed in the future i might be able to afford it myself.

i know i may sound ungrateful but i'm just being realistic.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. saw a kid on t.v. say "daddy look,its that big rat" he obviousley did'nt know the difference between a mouse & rat. ;)

You really don't want to go, do you.

Hasn't the doctor put you on Lantus or other 24 hr injection? no worries about time zones

went to florida a few years ago. would not go back to disney. busch gardens is the best place to go

andy said:
went to florida a few years ago. would not go back to disney. busch gardens is the best place to go
It is a matter of taste, i thought Sea world was great, Have they still got a white tiger at busch gardens? they had one twenty years ago when i last went there.

souns like you could do with a holiday and florida is one of the best holidays i ever had go on you know it makes sense :p

Sponsored Links
Back