Advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if my roof is safe held by one half brick for some reason there seems to be a lot of the inner wall missing and it's gable end terrace ,thanks

Attachments

• 20211222_153806.jpg
    20211222_153806.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Can you take a picture zoomed out a bit? There may be something solid you can put some cross bracing on.

Can you get a vertical beam (king post) to connect to a horizontal and then two diagonal braces? What seems to be happening is your roof is working the wall inward. I have a similar situation with a neighbouring property on a house I own, where their wall is walking outward. Any strapping you can attach will certainly help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks m8 and yes it makes sense what you say as rubble and dust keep falling ,my cousin who's a brickie said it needs rebricking loose bricks taking out replacing and also replacing the ones that are missing just wondered why the builders who I bought the house off left it like this as they did a full refurbishment on the house

It was a new roof 18 months ago and I'm hearing rubble and dust falling every now and then from my bedroom underneath

my cousin who's a brickie said it needs rebricking
Do you have a cousin who is a carpenter? He might know the principles of roof framing and that a ridge is held up by the rafters not the wall your brickie cousin may build.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back