Advice on cheapest method of insulating cold workshop (pics)

Whatever happened to saving the planet? :LOL:

i absolutly believe in saving the planet my gas and electric average £10 a week for both[480 a year] ;)

Arr but that cos you 'fix' the meters init.... :D

Sorry op, yup batten out, insulate and plasterboard will save a bit, I would if weight is an issue, just use Jablite on the roof, what ever the joists (depth) are then a 25mm board over the top, nice and bright too!

l o l :D :D my concience wouldnt let me :D :D

to be honest my house is a middle terrace i dont feel the cold and my son and myself mainly stick to the dinning room where the computer /tv are situated
the kitchen is also connected to the dinning room in general if the outside temperature is around freezing with 1 hrs heating [in the morning]a day these rooms remain at 20 degrees and overnight with every thing turned off it drops to aroiund 18 degrees so easy to maintain :D
we dont realy use the upstairs apart from sleeping but even without direct heat imput stays around 12 to 15 degrees ;)

Sponsored Links
Wow, what a lot of high cost advice all to benefit the Landlord.

I would recommend 50 mm polystrene sheets to cover all the walls, wonderful insulation and you can take them when/if you go. Even bettter at twice the cost is the rigid foam 50 mm fawn coloured boards as they are much stronger then polystrene. You can take those more easily when you go to. They also have a nice smooth professional finish.

The floor is less of a problem but more expensive to deal with. Again about 50 mm of polystrene and 18 mm marine hardwood sheets to form the new floor surface.

But the priority should be the walls.

Heating is best from a gas boiler and rads or even a fanned rad if a little noise is not a problem.

If you are in the country and wood is plentiful a boxwood stove is a good idea as it can burn your own rubbish as well. Will need some supplementary heating as well though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back