Advice please on unsatisfactory plumber

Well, you can take the p*ss, but this is a serious subject and I was making a serious point. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You are correct , the subject is serious,

But surley this is not a serious comment.

be that it isn't a gas appliance until the moment that gas is piped to it

Thats plain ridiculous.

You can't rely on what Lord Denning said.

I heard him say (faced with a lot of bad press for the justice system after some people wrongly convicted of murder were set free after many years in prison) that it would be better if they had been hanged, because then they would have been forgotten about and no-one would have made a fuss.

scatmanjohn said:
Thats plain ridiculous.
Fine - you clearly don't want to take part in a sincere debate about it. :rolleyes:

JohnD said:
You can't rely on what Lord Denning said.

I heard him say (faced with a lot of bad press for the justice system after some people wrongly convicted of murder were set free after many years in prison) that it would be better if they had been hanged, because then they would have been forgotten about and no-one would have made a fuss.
You say that I can't rely on what he said, but I'm not; nor am I damning the entire output of what was undoubtedly a very fine mind on the grounds that some of his views were out of date, and perhaps plainly wrong.

I was making a philosophical point, on a subject that's open to interpretation. I was attempting to widen the horizon of the view of what's considered, safe, dangerous, legal, and criminal. Perhaps you can't see my point, but it doesn't make it any less valid.

Sponsored Links
Just out of interest softus.

You don't happen to be a non RGI installing boilers and then getting a RGI to notify them for you.

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick.

scatmanjohn said:
Just out of interest softus.

You don't happen to be a non RGI installing boilers and then getting a RGI to notify them for you.

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick.

nope but he suuuure loves a bull and a cow does our softus good luv him

:):):):):):)

have we found out why Ms Plumber wont fit the boiler

I am on tender hooks this is better than the archers :)

Perhaps she has been on here and seen what we think of non registered?????

scatmanjohn said:
Correct - I don't do that.

I don't know why you can't take what I wrote at face value, without making a joke out of it and without looking for some axe to grind. I'm interested (on this topic) only in the accuracy of the information that's being given wrt to the GSIURs.

sime10 said:
Me thinks Softus should have been an MP not military policeman either :LOL:
Er, you think I should abandon all of my principles and become a lying, scheming party political pawn who knocks up his secretary and goes to the toilet in Brussels just in order to claim it on expenses? :eek:

Softus said:
sime10 said:
Er, you think I should abandon all of my principles and become a lying, scheming party political pawn who knocks up his secretary and goes to the toilet in Brussels just in order to claim it on expenses? :eek:

I am not sure :D

Sadly, when it comes to the Building Regs and the GSIURs, I'm as straight-laced at they come. I also declare all cash received. I'm as dull as cold dishwater, me.

However, back to the point - is it wrong for a competent plumber to do an entire boiler installation but not run gas to it, and for an RGI to come along, gas it up, verify the installation, commission it, verify it and notify it?

Softus said:
sime10 said:

I Would LOVE to be a politician if you can do THAT :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back