Advice regarding balancing of small system

Sponsored Links
I found using an IR thermometer was easier/quicker ... because of the varying emissivity of the surfaces you might aim it at ...putting a standard target of a bit of black insulation tape where I was going to measure improved the accuracy of the measurement I think.
You also have to take into account that an IR averages over an area, which varies with distance from IR to target - think of a torch beam. You get best results when the IR is in contact with the pipe.

The heat output will still remain in the same proportions from room to room as you reduce the room temps.

Heat output is roughly proportional to the average rad temperature.

Tony

Ok tonight I have had to alter a couple of radiators ever so slightly were talking of 1/16 -1/8th of a turn as with the lower flow temp the radiators were cool along the bottom.

Perhaps I was a little too "reducing" yesterday!

The heat output will still remain in the same proportions from room to room as you reduce the room temps.

Heat output is roughly proportional to the average rad temperature.

Tony

Ok tonight I have had to alter a couple of radiators ever so slightly were talking of 1/16 -1/8th of a turn as with the lower flow temp the radiators were cool along the bottom.

Perhaps I was a little too "reducing" yesterday!

Hope you don't think I've made a mess of things beginning to think I should put it back now :(

Sponsored Links
There is a scenario of trying too hard!

With a flow temp of below 50 C the boiler is as efficient as it ever will be and little point in you doing any more balancing.

Get a good book!

There is a scenario of trying too hard!

With a flow temp of below 50 C the boiler is as efficient as it ever will be and little point in you doing any more balancing.

Get a good book!

True but it was also causing the boiler to short cycle at the Lower flow temp now it runs for longer before the burner cycles off.

Yes all seems to be ok now. Even running at the lower temps the burner runs for about 4/5 mins once its cycling whereas before it was more like 30seconds

Over success then!

You must have one of the most efficient heating systems possible!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back