Afghanistan -is leaving the right thing?

Essex is truly full of the most uninformed bolt heads. The US has their own "essex lad" they call them "Florida Man" - a bunch of bizarre idiotic individuals.

That's a bit harsh, there is plenty of people all up and down the country with similar views, ...

Is their any evidence to back up your claims?

Sponsored Links
Just gonna say ... My thoughts that it was a bad idea came true..... It was a bad idea... But I'm just a chump from Essex.

All those that are.in fear of their lives for helping the west and rebuilding their country should be brought over as quick as possible.

I was upset the other day when I read that an Afghan national that guarded the UK embassy and is running in fear of his life was refused a visa. This really is disgraceful behaviour, the UK has genuine blood on its hands.

All those refugees in Calais im not really bothered about as far as I'm concerned they are in a safe country and they need to make the best of it.

What's happening in Afghanistan though, we need to take more than our fair share and help them out, make them realise helping us was the best decision for them and their families.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...embassy-fears-for-his-life-after-visa-refusal

The west has made a complete cock up of the whole situation.

Rather than admit fault and attempt to rectify the situation they are just powering through it believing their own lies, in the mean time hundreds of thousands maybe millions of people are fearing for their lives.

They should have stepped in at the very start as soon as the Taliban took major ground, instead they just buried their heads in the sand and powered on through their decision, and then seemed surprised when Kabul fell.

We will now have country full of a new generation coming through the ranks intent on destroying the western world, now that we have royally buggered them over again, history repeating itself.

It's an absolute travesty and a monumental cock up, which will all be forgotten about far to quickly.

Only question I have is, did the Afghan army fight the Taliban at all?

There is unfortunately no "good solution". Problems can be sorted, a mess is managed.

The problem has alwats been we never had a plan post Invasion. Read about finite vs infinite games when it comes to strategy.

Sponsored Links
That's a bit harsh, there is plenty of people all up and down the country with similar views, ...

Is their any evidence to back up your claims?

There is some artistic licence I am using describing Essex man but having lived in Chingford I do attest I have seen my fair share of Essex man. :mrgreen:

Yorkshire is gods own county. :mrgreen:

There is unfortunately no "good solution". Problems can be sorted, a mess is managed.

The problem has alwats been we never had a plan post Invasion. Read about finite vs infinite games when it comes to strategy.

Thanks for the link. Completely agree.

Personally since we went to Afghanistan I've said all along we could never win and we will be there indefinitely until one side tires out. Unfortunately the situation became a political tool to fight over and so promises were made without knowledge to gain votes from those who are even more misinformed.

The whole situation still stinks though.

This puts to bed the hollowness of "Global Britain". The US wanted to pull out and there was nothing we could do to dissuade them.

Thanks for the link. Completely agree.

Personally since we went to Afghanistan I've said all along we could never win and we will be there indefinitely until one side tires out. Unfortunately the situation became a political tool to fight over and so promises were made without knowledge to gain votes from those who are even more misinformed.

The whole situation still stinks though.

It's also a drain on resources that could be repurposed elsewhere. We need to accept and understand our new role in the world.

This puts to bed the hollowness of "Global Britain". The US wanted to pull out and there was nothing we could do to dissuade them.

The US knew they held all the cards, we were fully reliant on their military resources.

Had us by the short and curlys whether we liked it or not.

The UK military has been under funded for years, this is because we have become comfortable with relying on other powers

Violence will break out in Afghanistan

the place is full of so called war lords

some of which don’t like the taliban

they also have a sizeable Shia minority

Sponsored Links
Back