Air Quality near you.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I live in the countryside our air is usually quite fresh anyway, (except when fertilizing time come s round!), so we have not been able to notice a great difference in the quality.

What about others on here? Especially those that live in towns/cities.

Sponsored Links
I think it has to get pretty bad for you to notice its bad. I'm in a town close to the edge of the countryside, so we are a 10 min walk from the hills. Its noticeably quieter and I spotted a plane yesterday.

Generally you have to go from one place to another to identify a change in air quality. The typical example is traveling from the sticks to London and then losing the ability to breathe. The sort of slow change we'll have seen with the lockdown will be difficult to identify. Apart from anyone with asthma, they might be able to identify if they've had fewer attacks in the last two weeks.

Bloody amazing round my way. Before this lockdown, the only way I could get some reasonably clean air into my lungs was through a cigarette!

Sponsored Links
Bloody amazing round my way. Before this lockdown, the only way I could get some reasonably clean air into my lungs was through a cigarette!
Fun fact, smoking has a roughly 30% mortality rate. Although it's much slower than Covid is, it's more likely to finish you off.

I was once told by a medic that because smoking coats the inside of your lungs with tar you can become less susceptible to catch chest infections.
There may be a little truth in it because I have never suffered with a bad chest.

I was once told by a medic that because smoking coats the inside of your lungs with tar you can become less susceptible to catch chest infections.
There may be a little truth in it because I have never suffered with a bad chest.
My Nan used to change to menthol fags when she had a chest infection or a sore throat. (n)

I think it has to get pretty bad for you to notice its bad. I'm in a town close to the edge of the countryside, so we are a 10 min walk from the hills. Its noticeably quieter and I spotted a plane yesterday.
Could be worse here as farkwits are burning their wet garden waste - (council has shut down local waste site)

We also seen a plane a couple of nights back, could even hear it and it was 35,000 foot up. Fedex plane on its way the Memphis from germany.
Seeing a plane now is quite novel.

My Nan used to change to menthol fags when she had a chest infection or a sore throat. (n)

They've stopped selling menthol ones recently and the ones with a menthol capsule in the tip so you have the choice to use or not to use.
No explanation as to why.

Air round here is always good. NW coast, UK has SW prevailing winds, so our air has been scrubbed by the Irish sea, plus it pi55es it down a lot.

Could be worse here as farkwits are burning their wet garden waste - (council has shut down local waste site)

We also seen a plane a couple of nights back, could even hear it and it was 35,000 foot up. Fedex plane on its way the Memphis from germany.
Seeing a plane now is quite novel.

We are on the flight path for Stansted. See 3vplanes yesterday 2 were fedex

There are some military planes exercising including a C-17 transporting a Chinook back from exercise tonight in the Birmingham area and a C-130 Hercules in the Blackpool area.

Early on in lockdown when it was still cool, traffic fumes seemed less evident but still plenty of feckwits still using log burners in town. Coming in from evening walk, my clothes would stink of smoke. About time these things were banned in cities and towns.

Sponsored Links
Back