Air to air Heat Pump Suggestions for 5x3 conservatory

Be careful with the split units, as you will need a bender to bend pipework.
https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/products/heat-pumps/directory/greensource-air-to-air-heat-pump and get an Aircon guy to fit it.

Ok so I'm confused. What's the difference between the link above and the type of unit PullerGas has recommended?
Also if the one above requires an install, this is going to massively increase costs compared to the £450 diy fit unit in the other link.

Sorry. .. got to ask the questions as I want to make the right choice.

How would both these units compare to an electric rad?

Are these units very noisy for a conservatory?
Please keep the info coming and I will make a decision. Regarding bending pipe, that is a worry as ideally I'd need two bends to put the air con unit on the wall next to where it comes in from outside the dwarf wall.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Anyone? Sorry for the impatience but I need to decide on something asap.I can see from the posts that heating a conservatory is hard and people are being clever saying don bother but at the end of the day, what's the best method in this bad situation? Surely putting something in must be better than nothing. I'll go for an inverter heat pump but it's a decent investment and want to know it's a better idea than the rads. Chris

Last edited:
Personally I would go for a split system air to air heatpump. Cooling in the summer, heating in the winter. Talk to an air con guy who will be able to size the unit for heating in the winter.

Ok so I'm confused. What's the difference between the link above and the type of unit PullerGas has recommended?
Also if the one above requires an install, this is going to massively increase costs compared to the £450 diy fit unit in the other link.

Sorry. .. got to ask the questions as I want to make the right choice.

How would both these units compare to an electric rad?

Are these units very noisy for a conservatory?
Please keep the info coming and I will make a decision. Regarding bending pipe, that is a worry as ideally I'd need two bends to put the air con unit on the wall next to where it comes in from outside the dwarf wall.
Chris

Chris, you've got a PM.
Thanks for your kind invitation to the swingers party in Swindon, but the dates don't suit & Olive is plagued with thrush!!

The unit Mike posted up will be a rebadged something or other, and WB are not very good at boilers - so I'd not even consider anything else!!

Most of these units come with soft copper pipe 3/8" & 1/4", easily bent by hand.
It's a very mature market the old AC, even the Chinese stuff is OK.

The COP means if you use standard tariff leccy, you'll get 2-3 times the heat out for the leccy you use.

https://www.cooleasy.co.uk/categories/easy-fit-air-conditioning/high-wall

Installation;
https://www.cooleasy.co.uk/easy-fit-installation

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You do lose a small amount of refrigerant with those push in type connectors every time you use them.

Chris, you've got a PM.
Thanks for your kind invitation to the swingers party in Swindon, but the dates don't suit & Olive is plagued with thrush!!

The unit Mike posted up will be a rebadged something or other, and WB are not very good at boilers - so I'd not even consider anything else!!

Most of these units come with soft copper pipe 3/8" & 1/4", easily bent by hand.
It's a very mature market the old AC, even the Chinese stuff is OK.

The COP means if you use standard tariff leccy, you'll get 2-3 times the heat out for the leccy you use.

https://www.cooleasy.co.uk/categories/easy-fit-air-conditioning/high-wall

Installation;
https://www.cooleasy.co.uk/easy-fit-installation

Pleased you got the PM just a pity you can't make it. In the mean time, if you have any further recommendations for a DIY install unit, stick them up here.

Chris

P.s I recommend Olive gets some canesten ointment.

Well I went for the 3.5kw cool easy high wall easy install model and it's now up and running!! Thanks for the recommendation. Chris

Well I went for the 3.5kw cool easy high wall easy install model and it's now up and running!! Thanks for the recommendation. Chris

No problem Chris, I'm pleased you're happy. You maybe surprised to learn - I'm not held in high regard on here. But we all know;
'Pullergas, try the rest then try the best'!!!

Actually Puller is held in high regard for his knowledge and experience in the industry. I know that because he almost always agrees with me.

But sometimes he gets carried away and can become abusive and rather off topic and has been banned from many forums. He was banned from here for several years but I am pleased to say he has been reinstated and hopefully will tread carefully and not get banned again.

Also, although Scottish, he is sensible enough to see that Scotland is better off being part of the United Kingdom!

Actually Puller is held in high regard for his knowledge and experience in the industry. I know that because he almost always agrees with me.

But sometimes he gets carried away and can become abusive and rather off topic and has been banned from many forums. He was banned from here for several years but I am pleased to say he has been reinstated and hopefully will tread carefully and not get banned again.

Also, although Scottish, he is sensible enough to see that Scotland is better off being part of the United Kingdom!
You know, there's a back-handed compliment in there somewhere??

Just another check in for anyone reading and considering one of these in the future and also a question.

It's been up and running for a couple of weeks now and had some beautiful days with temps in the conservatory mid afternoon at 29 deg c one day. I stuck the air con on and it brought the room to a really comfortable 17 within a very short time. Well impressed.

I am curious to know and something I really should have asked before installing it but didn't think - how often or when will the unit likely need a service in terms of pressurising or whatever you do to air con units?

Checked every year. Although you'll need someone who has their fgas

To be honest, as long as you aren't connecting and disconnecting those quick connector thingies, then in theory you should never need to have the refrigerant looked at as they should never leak.. All it should need is the filter cleaning out and perhaps the coils cleaning and rinsing.

To be honest, as long as you aren't connecting and disconnecting those quick connector thingies, then in theory you should never need to have the refrigerant looked at as they should never leak.. All it should need is the filter cleaning out and perhaps the coils cleaning and rinsing.
Can only second that. If you've ever turned on your AC in the car for the first time you'll know about bacteria build up. Olive thought I'd farted!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back