Aircraft on a conveyor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw this myth which has had much discussion here in the past finally put to rest on Mythbusters.

Anyone now doubt the aircraft will fly :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
well to be honest, this ain't been proven either way....

the thrust acting on the air merchants say it will fly, yet the wheels speed couteracted mob say it wont..... so in truth, the jury is out !! :eek:

Saw this myth which has had much discussion here in the past finally put to rest on Mythbusters.

Anyone now doubt the aircraft will fly :LOL:

MW

Any links to help understand the post?

search in the posts for the plane and conveyor and look for a 50 page thread about 2 or 3 years ago.... and dig in my friend..

or just google the plane on the conveyor problem... you'll soon find it ;)

Sponsored Links
Any links to help understand the post?

Wassamatter, lost the use of your brain?

Type "aircraft on a conveyor" into the site search and see what you get.

There have been many many threads about the subject over the years.

Well discussed theoretical problem for trainee pilots and aircraft engineers and finally tested and resolved with a real aircraft and conveyor in Mythbusters on Sky recently.

Pilots always knew the answer of course :rolleyes:

MW

and finally tested and resolved with a real aircraft and conveyor in Mythbusters on Sky recently.

not true Mega... that rolling sheet runway thing they used didn't actually work.... it went at a similar speed to the plane wheels but never actually matched it - which is crucial to this puzzle.... in the puzzle, the equally rotating wheels would keep the plane in the same spot, therefore affording no lift !!!

Typical scouse loudmouth who's signature says it all really.

I'm surprised you can tear yourself away from robbing alloy wheels and car hifi systems long enough to post here.

I'm more suprised that you've actually mastered writing.

Must be a genetic throwback I guess.

MW

and finally tested and resolved with a real aircraft and conveyor in Mythbusters on Sky recently.

not true Mega... that rolling sheet runway thing they used didn't actually work.... it went at a similar speed to the plane wheels but never actually matched it - which is crucial to this puzzle.... in the puzzle, the equally rotating wheels would keep the plane in the same spot, therefore affording no lift !!!

Aerodynamics is the key to flight with the focus on the Aero ... Not Wheelo.

Nah ... Not being drawn on this one :LOL:

MW

Typical scouse loudmouth who's signature says it all really.

I'm surprised you can tear yourself away from robbing alloy wheels and car hifi systems long enough to post here.

I'm more suprised that you've actually mastered writing.

Must be a genetic throwback I guess.

MW

Oh how witty and original. You'll get along well with thatbloke and spacecat, that's all they can ever come out with too. Plus you all seem to share a wierd love for ******. The dirtiest thievingest low life scum on the planet.
Anyway, are you going to post up that video on youtube now. You know, the one you challenged joe90 to do, when you said you'd do one too.
You know the one I mean, the one of you both singing and playing the guitar....remember....it was just before you disappeared after he'd posted his. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back