Aj600 Security Sytem - alarm not working?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just moved house which contains an AJ600 (A1 Electrical & Security) security system. There is a green light on the front panel to indicate that system is on & motion sensors in each room appear to work BUT alarm is not going off & is not making any noise.

I am led to believe that the alarm system was never used for years by previous owners.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do you have the code ? Default 1234 then arm .... Does it work ? To honest best place for this is the bin as they where rubbish....

Thanks

Could i just buy a new panel & use the existing wiring/sensors?

Any good budget reccomendations?

Sponsored Links
You are a helpful sole :rolleyes:

How do you know i spent '££££' on the house - you don't know my personal circumstances!

You are a helpful sole :rolleyes:

How do you know i spent '££££' on the house - you don't know my personal circumstances!

well they dont exactly give them away now do they

I'll put it another way then, if you want an alarm you want it to work flawlessly as it's obviously protecting your house and contents, so do you think it's a good idea to buy cheap?

yes a cheap reliable alternative would be a veritas 8 onboard, about the same size, easy to program, would stay clear of the compact version as things will be a bit tight inside.dont forget a new battery any size from 2.1-7.0 ah will fit and a cheap quality replacement pir..Optex saver

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back