Alarm call in 5 years time

H

holmslaw

Might seem like a bizarre question, but, just bought a new amplifier and insured it against breakdown for 5 years.
The deal is if I do not claim I can get a full refund if I take the receipt back in the final month of the cover.
So I want something to alert me me in 4 years and 11 months time.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. Tape a small note near the on/off button?
Send yourself an e-mail and in options set it to not be delivered before whatever the date will be in 5 years.

Sounds like a Richer Sounds offer :D Think you need a valid supercare certificate and the receipt.

Set up a reminder in Outlook to send receipt back plus remind you where you put it :D

Good luck

Post yourself a letter, with current mail systems should take about 5 years to get to you :D

Your current PC may well screw up within the next 5 years.

Join a forum that sends out happy birthday emails, set your birthdate a few days before the date & make your username "claimyourwarranty".
Then each year you get a reminder.
Hopefully you should be able to kep that going as forums are generally acked up & reinstalled after failures so should keep going for that long.
And occasionally visit & post on the forum to prevent yourself being removed.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry someone is bound to resurrect this thread in a few years time and give you a reply.

Failing that, if you kill someone tomorrow, and then admit it, you will be out in about 4 years and 11 months time. You'll have a sore bum but your refund will take your mind of it :LOL:

Thanks for the replies.
I have downloaded a programme called "dream birthday" and also put a reminder on my mobile and a label on the side of my pc.

I know you can do it in outlook - I really dislike outlook!
I'm sure you used to be able to do this in previous versions of outlook express.
I once had a boss once who wanted a daily report from me at 5.30pm. This gave me a logistical problem because at 5.30pm I was sitting in a pub 30 miles away. So I used to do the report at 4.00pm, go home and the pc sent the report at 5.30pm. Did it for years :LOL:

Yes it a richer sounds guarantee, I wish all shops where like richer sounds.

Just realised the shop is about 10 miles from me, so in 5 years time I hope the £20 refund will be enough for the petrol and parking. :eek:

I'll let you now how I get on - nothing can possibly go wrong!

Just stick the £20 in a high interest account at least that way you earn interest on your money not them, Insurance cover on retail items are usually not worth the paper they are written on too many getouts for the insurance company, never bother with it myself and so far never needed it either.

Webpage for countdown timer to remind you, make it your homepage and hopefully you wont forget.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcount.html

You do not a have to wait 5 years for the end of this saga. The b****** thing packed up yesterday, took it back this morning and got a full refund.
End of story.

Sponsored Links
Back