All builders must be millionaires?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or you're on the fiddle and doing it all cash or you're fking up real bad somewhere.

Was talking to a friend of mine his daughter just had some work done, apparently she asked her friend who's a builder he said he'd get one of his chippies to do it for her at a good price.

He spent two days not really whole ones fitting an mdf cabinet and some shelves one end, plus some full height doors (mdf x 2) and (half overlay hinges 3 per door) no finishing no sealed no nothing

And literally boxed in a gas meter.

1Man @ 2 days and we reckon 4 sheets of 18mm mdf n some screws. Go on guess.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ok 950 not far off DP

but wow 2 days work say for where they live in Devon how much a day. Say he's charging 300 a day 600 labour plus 100 materials. And builder pockets 250 for some parasitic behaviour.

4 sheets of MDF trade is fck all (17 each) plus screws n hinges. 100 sheets max.

I reckon chippie 200/day? plus materials 500? That means the builder charges 450 for a referall? Fck

Either the sub contractor is or they're both reaming her.

Or you're on the fiddle and doing it all cash or you're fking up real bad somewhere.

Was talking to a friend of mine his daughter just had some work done, apparently she asked her friend who's a builder he said he'd get one of his chippies to do it for her at a good price.

He spent two days not really whole ones fitting an mdf cabinet and some shelves one end, plus some full height doors (mdf x 2) and (half overlay hinges 3 per door) no finishing no sealed no nothing

And literally boxed in a gas meter.

1Man @ 2 days and we reckon 4 sheets of 18mm mdf n some screws. Go on guess.
Machine work joinery etc?

She'd have change out of a bag(of sand) but not much.

Show us pictures of the work.

Andy
thumb_1777_1590_800_0_0_crop.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back