All I want is a bl**dy curry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got home decided "I want a curry, I can't be a**ed to make one though". Rung up one of the many local places, chose them as they have a website with their menu on. Every time I got them to read my order back they read something TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Somehow "tandoori starter" sounds like "chapati". :eek:

I told the guy I am not confident they will send me the right food, so I've cancelled it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up anyway...

Sponsored Links
Stick to the numbers next time. ;)

1 number 16
1 number 52

:LOL: :LOL:

A few weeks ago I ordered a curry for the family and drove down to collect it.
After I had got it back and we had all sat down we realised one of the main courses was missing so I phoned them. 10 minutes later the missing course was delivered together with profound apologies and a £10 voucher!
Can you get better after-sales service than this?

Sadly we threw away the £10 voucher by mistake :cry:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Every time I got them to read my order back they read something TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Somehow "tandoori starter" sounds like "chapati". :eek:
It's those bl**dy call centres again. Don't you realise, when you order an Indian, you don't actually talk to anyone in India. The person on the end of the line is in a shop, somewhere in Stevenage. How the heck are they going to understand anything about curry ;) :LOL:

alternatively

Eat in the restaurant with a pint of kingfisher or Cobra !

As we go in ours frequently, the owner makes mine with no onion (i hate onion) and will spice it up (or indeed unspice it) to my requirements.

We get a free shot of Baileys too after the meal.

Now thats service and it never goes wrong!

Chicken Tikka Rogan Josh spiced up to a Madras - cant beat it!

Matt Gloss said:
alternatively

As we go in ours frequently, the owner makes mine with no onion (i hate onion) and will spice it up (or indeed unspice it) to my requirements.

Please can I come?

Please stop this talk of curry, it makes my mouth water and my keyboard is getting wet! :oops:

Matt Gloss said:
alternatively

I've noticed the menu always says something like "the chef can make any dish on request", it would seem you make good use of that!

But has anyone tried asking "I would like quail's eggs, stuffed with cavier, and then pickled in vinegar dripped off the buttocks of Burmese maidens." :LOL: Personally, I would rather just have the curry :LOL:

My curry showed up in the end, 100% correct as well! :LOL:

AdamW said:
But has anyone tried asking "I would like quail's eggs, stuffed with cavier, and then pickled in vinegar dripped off the buttocks of Burmese maidens."

S*d the food, Adam mate, just give me the buttocks of the Burmese maidens.... :eek:

petewood said:
Matt Gloss said:
alternatively

Please can I come?

of course :confused:

Matt Gloss said:
I've taken to eating Italian lately. Always the same place. I like it because the food is great, the service is great, and it's usually quiet. All in all, I've spent a fair bit in there over the last few months.

The other week looking at the liquer coffees, I noticed an Amereto coffee. I asked if I could just have a shot of Amereto neat, as I've never had it on it's own before. Later the waiter asked how I liked it. Mmm gorgeous I replied. So he gave me the whole bottle :eek: Apparently I'm a very good customer :D

If you drink it by the tumbler full, it don't half give you a headache though.

Sponsored Links
Back